• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trusted Modders list?

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Is trusted dealer/modder the same thing? One of the largest scams reported in the forums was between a sketchy modder and a member. There doesn't seem to be many modders on the dealers list.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
TB already responded to your first post. Why make two threads?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Perhaps the fact you had an answer was a hint? ;)

peppe1019

5/8/12
You cant suggest that they are all like that just because of one incident, albeit a major one they are trusted for a reason and the mods make sure...

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Learning to navigate the site, my bad but I appreciate the info. I joined several sites when I started searching for a rep, it seems they have different trusted dealers....why is this? I made a purchase from the RWI trusted dealers list and all went smoothly.. GREAT WORK AND THANK YOU SO MUCH. I have already made another purchase from a modder. Pros: the hobbyist seems to produced higher quality reps then the factories. Cons: the modder is harder to verify. Is this accurate in your judgement?

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
This is my experiance and opinons ONLY!!!

Ok, hear me out here...having been around awile. It's my opinion that the trusted modded and the good replutation modders come and go from time to time. Some however stand the test of time, like Vac.....Speedy others. You can read into a lot of opinions, positive and negative, about this subject matter all over rep'dom but at the end of the day, as far as I am concerened it's about establishing a relationship with the modder you would like to contract some work with.

-What are your expectations?
-Try not to whip his ass with machine gun PM's
-Imagine how busy the guy can get with 10's of 1000's of members and noobs trying to cut their teeth here and can be a beating until they "get it".
-Do your due diligence, meaning read, blueprint and source all you parts yourself FIRST, so all the modder has to do it mod and build, not parts hunt and leg work.
-Please sense the appropriate. If you can do the about stuff, or similar stuff, you stand a great chance to establish a realationship with said modder and then you are in like flynn....if you go the opposite direction....good luck with that.

Good Luck man....

randazzo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/9/11
"Try not to whip his ass with machine gun PM's" LOL that was great! ;)

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
TY I'll be here all week....Tip your bartenders and waitresses

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Good advice, Thank you. This is a very addictive hobby I could see where experienced modders could get frustrated with a work load that turns their hobby into a headache.

Themanwithaplan

Horology Curious
10/4/19
I need my 26400io case thinned I don't mind about not having a open case back anymore !

15-14.9 case thickness from 16mm

Also will need to have the subdial Sprayed a little greyer

The hands shaved to original spec

Il pay up to 1100usd to have this all done

Number removed

Last edited by a moderator:

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
This is my experiance and opinons ONLY!!!

Ok, hear me out here...having been around awile. It's my opinion that the trusted modded and the good replutation modders come and go from time to time. Some however stand the test of time, like Vac.....Speedy others. You can read into a lot of opinions, positive and negative, about this subject matter all over rep'dom but at the end of the day, as far as I am concerened it's about establishing a relationship with the modder you would like to contract some work with.

-What are your expectations?
-Try not to whip his ass with machine gun PM's
-Imagine how busy the guy can get with 10's of 1000's of members and noobs trying to cut their teeth here and can be a beating until they "get it".
-Do your due diligence, meaning read, blueprint and source all you parts yourself FIRST, so all the modder has to do it mod and build, not parts hunt and leg work.
-Please sense the appropriate. If you can do the about stuff, or similar stuff, you stand a great chance to establish a realationship with said modder and then you are in like flynn....if you go the opposite direction....good luck with that.

Good Luck man....

THIS! Someone understands! Thank you sir!

:clap: