• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HOW YOU PRESERVE RUBBER BRACELET MADE IN CHINA ?

Rambo73

10/2/10
I realize that couples of us will stumble in the need to find a way to preserve our beloved rubber straps for our watches
I checked my orange rubber for my Ploprof 1200 for exemple and the rubber start to get more rigid than what it was initially years ago

what method did you use for keeping them in nice "flexible" shape for years to come ??
....would become a real issue to see thousands of ploprof without rubber strap.... lol

waiting for your suggestions guys

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Body salts, oils and sunlight exposure will breakdown the rubber suppleness over time. Only way to preserve it is to ensure the rubber is cleaned / rinsed regularly with water and thoroughly dried. Avoid exposure to solvents / alcohols ( after shaves - perfumes etc ) and excessive exposure to sunlight. Always , always, always rinse in lukewarm water if exposed to salt water ( swimming ).

Reactions: mech500 and Rambo73

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
Just keep it lubed with a good quality rubber conditioner. If its going to sit for a long period of time, slather it up, rub it in, and put away 'till you wear it again. Its not rocket surgery.

Reactions: Rambo73

Rambo73

10/2/10
Just keep it lubed with a good quality rubber conditioner. If its going to sit for a long period of time, slather it up, rub it in, and put away 'till you wear it again. Its not rocket surgery.

affordable and 10% off during this summer sale :
https://www.wristclean.com/collectio...care-1-2-ounce

thanks guys!

EDIT : $19.99 for shipping ....

did you guys think it could do the work ?
https://www.amazon.ca/Revivex-Rubbe...=rubber+conditioner,aps,88&sr=8-15&th=1&psc=1

Last edited:

Rambo73

10/2/10
Body salts, oils and sunlight exposure will breakdown the rubber suppleness over time. Only way to preserve it is to ensure the rubber is cleaned / rinsed regularly with water and thoroughly dried. Avoid exposure to solvents / alcohols ( after shaves - perfumes etc ) and excessive exposure to sunlight. Always , always, always rinse in lukewarm water if exposed to salt water ( swimming ).

I have spare rubber straps for my ploprof 1200 that never seen a ray of light (still in plastic bag) that are getting as stiff as the ones installed on my watch that have seen weeks of hard sun / salt water diving , external shower etc etc.... ??

EDIT : I search for Ploprof strap replacement (clone) online and dont find any source for it
....even impossible to find clone or genuine one on the big auction site....

Someone know a source for theses ?!

Last edited:

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I have spare rubber straps for my ploprof 1200 that never seen a ray of light (still in plastic bag) that are getting as stiff as the ones installed on my watch that have seen weeks of hard sun / salt water diving , external shower etc etc.... ??

EDIT : I search for Ploprof strap replacement (clone) online and dont find any source for it
....even impossible to find clone or genuine one on the big auction site....

Someone know a source for theses ?!

How long have you had the strap for ? Is it natural rubber / plastic / silicone ?

Natural rubber will degrade over time. Ozone is it’s biggest enemy as it reacts with its natural chemical structure breaking it down to different compounds. These compounds are not supple / flexible and make what’s left crack / split.

Keep the straps in a tightly sealed / opaque plastic ziplock
bag to try and extend the lifespan whilst in storage. Keeping it as airtight as possible is the key.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I did a quick google search for “omega ploprof rubber strap” and a number of options come up....some on eBay as well..some high quality aftermarket options also

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground
Not sure what you’re rambling about but I just bought a Gen strap a couple of weeks ago. They are readily available from Omega. No one makes the replica straps anymore, these watches haven’t been made in 10 years.

c1de93394340bfd62a9ce3a2e1de1839.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambo73

10/2/10
Not sure what you’re rambling about but I just bought a Gen strap a couple of weeks ago. They are readily available from Omega. No one makes the replica straps anymore, these watches haven’t been made in 10 years.

c1de93394340bfd62a9ce3a2e1de1839.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

may i ask you how much you pair per set ?
Im browsing omega website and i dont find where to order theses ?