• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need a quick QC Opinion for BP Rolex Explorer I 39mm

Milkman4206

Horology Curious
26/6/22
Is there damage to the dial or glass by hour 7?

Not sure if this is a scratch or glue, or even something on the plastic. Reached out to my TD (waiting on response), but just thought I would ask here as well.

Side note: If there is a slight gap in SELs, would you RL? I have one on the bottom right (by hour 5) but it isn’t an issue or concern to me. Was just wondering :)

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
At a million zoom it looks like the reflection of the indecs on the dial

Reactions: Milkman4206

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
It´s a reflection. I have the very same watch on my wrist right now. The indices reflect multiple times, on the underside and surface of the crystal and on the dial itself, back and forth. The brighter light the more visible that is. The coating isn´t very good there, first time I observed such phenomenon myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milkman4206

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Yeah so I’m an idiot and got another picture and it all looks good to me haha. It was a reflection

Not an idiot at all, I thought it was a weird scratch or something on the plastic coating when I looked at it too. I hope it arrives safe and sound.