• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone had this DHL message ?

iang27

4/12/15
UK
I sent a watch to Australia from Uk using DHL at the buyers request and at his risk but today the website has this message.
Is this normal or will they open it up ?
It is very securely and carefully wrapped with bubblewrap, foam, tape and will have to be cut off to get to the watch.
Hope it’s just something simple rather than them cutting into the package and who knows what they do if they do open it.

N

kaypee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/22
CONUS
Looks like it got stopped at customs to me. If that is the case, they may open the package. Or they may x-ray it, may ask you for further documentation, or they may send it along on its merry way. Customs is a bit of a crap shoot (in my experience doing logistics with my business, not so familiar with Rep shipments).

kaypee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/22
CONUS
If they open it, I think watch is likely gone. So no worries about them re-wrapping it

iang27

4/12/15
UK
I don’t know why they would open it in USA if it’s not going there and just passing through, surely it should be Australia that are interested if anyone.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I don’t know why they would open it in USA if it’s not going there and just passing through, surely it should be Australia that are interested if anyone.

Because they have strict rules about what they will and won't ship. Declared content must also reflect actual content - and it's value. From experience I'd say DHL opens about 30% of all parcels before they leave the country of origin. This can be 100% for certain Asian countries such as Vietnam, Singapore etc.

iang27

4/12/15
UK
It was described as a faulty Horology item sent for repair valued at £150

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
It was described as a faulty Horology item sent for repair valued at £150

Customs will have an issue with that as it’s vague.. “horology”
The value is also high @ 270.00 AUD . Typically it may attract Import GST and also a customs entry verification to decipher what import commodity do specifically enter it ( horology )

Could be a clock, wristwatch a book , spare part etc etc- hence they may investigate further.

better off describing in lay persons terms with very low value.
”toy watch”. “ bracelet”. Etc. etc

it may still pass through ( if they don’t open it ) so you’ll just need to keep tracking it daily. Good Luck.

iang27

4/12/15
UK
It was the buyer who wanted it sent by Dhl and described as a Horology item. It also has a letter inside at the request of the buyer describing the ‘fault’ and asking for it to be repaired.
Hopefully just delayed, it was this phrase that had me concerned,

Further Detail
The shipment is undergoing an inspection from a regulatory authority and is currently on hold.
Next Step
DHL will resume normal processing activity on the shipment once the regulatory examination is completed. Please continue to monitor progress online.