• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where do we post when we make a purchase?

AuntJulie00

Horology Curious
18/6/22
Hi! I just made my 1st purchase after reading this blog for days. I know we are supposed to post when we purchase and then keep the thread going until we receive it. Do we do it here in the general discussion? Thank you!

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
The fact that some users post their order and tracking is simply a very strange bad habit (maybe a Reddit thing?) that happens from time to time, but is usually only done by new or very inexperienced users. What they want to achieve with it: I have no idea.

No one is interested in when someone ordered, when the package left China, when the package became visible in the tracking or what color your underpants are :p

My tip: After you have sent the money to the TD, forget about the order and be happy when the package is delivered a few weeks later. Then you can post a picture of the watch in one of the wristshot threads.

But please don’t post your order history here.

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Some members post their order events in the Trusted Dealer section, under the particular trusted dealer's sub-forum they ordered from.

Reactions: P..DR..D

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
Some members post their order events in the Trusted Dealer section, under the particular trusted dealer's sub-forum they ordered from.

Yep this^. You can post in the TD’s section and give a positive or negative review depending on your experience so that other potential customers can see the current time it takes for that particular dealer to send QCs and the watch to wherever you live in the world.

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
Why do we need to know this ? I purchased some groceries on Instacart yesterday. Is there a place I can post the order , progress and delivery time ?

You could start a thread here https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/off-topic-discussion

I bought some chicken breasts, celery and bone broth earlier at my local grocer to make porridge for my dog, who is suffering from a bout of diarrhoea at the
moment. Cashless payment with Amex went smoothly, though I was charged an extra 10c for plastic bags (I left my reusable bags at home, silly me). what was your haul like?

Reactions: kavorca1 and Nono92

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
We have thousands of members here who make purchases on a daily basis. Imagine if everyone posted every purchase timeline , updates, interactions with the TD etc. It would be a monotonous forum of update threads. Why not order your watch and if you need to, post pics and a review when you receive it. It would be much more rewarding for everyone reading the forum.

Reactions: domiffm

AuntJulie00

Horology Curious
18/6/22
Oh ok. I found this website through Reddit. I think it was there that they said you MUST post after your purchase because if you have a problem, the forum won’t help you if you didn’t post about your purchase from the beginning. Maybe that’s why a lot of people do it.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Oh ok. I found this website through Reddit. I think it was there that they said you MUST post after your purchase because if you have a problem, the forum won’t help you if you didn’t post about your purchase from the beginning. Maybe that’s why a lot of people do it.

The problem is that some new members join rwi to complain about a purchase but mods here can’t help if purchases were made before joining. So the gist is, join rwi do some research of the watch you want and buy from a TD here. If there is an issue with the purchase or watch and the TD isn’t solving the problem, then and only then can you reach out to a Mod to intervene

Reactions: P..DR..D

Ghostrider757

I'm the one who knocks.
Patron
Certified
9/8/17
Underground

Are you here only for support if something goes wrong or are you going to be an active member of RWI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

Reddit is full of idiots, who spend much of their time being confused.

If you are an active member, who has a grievance with a forum TD you can get help from the mods.

If you have zero posts or contribute nothing to the forum, or just join because you have a problem you won't get any help. And rightly so.

There is no need to document your purchase. But if it does go tits up, you've gone about it all wrong if you want any help.

Reactions: domiffm

AuntJulie00

Horology Curious
18/6/22
Are you here only for support if something goes wrong or are you going to be an active member of RWI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to try to learn how to buy the best replica watch possible. I was really overwhelmed at first and still am. But after weeks of reading, I finally made a purchase since it’s getting close to the birthday that I need the watch for.

AuntJulie00

Horology Curious
18/6/22
The problem is that some new members join rwi to complain about a purchase but mods here can’t help if purchases were made before joining. So the gist is, join rwi do some research of the watch you want and buy from a TD here. If there is an issue with the purchase or watch and the TD isn’t solving the problem, then and only then can you reach out to a Mod to intervene

Thank you!