• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[QC] How Accurate should a Super Rep be?

CeterisParibus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
13/5/22
UE
Hi everyone,

I received a QC from Jtime, and even if i'm a total noob, i'm not here to ask you if it's good or not, and what to check. I'll handle it by myself.

I only have one question : what to expect in terms of accuracy ?

I saw on the QC +6s/day, and it seems to be very high for a high end replica :

At this price, i expect something amazing and i'm not impressed by this poor accuracy, my gen Seiko 5 is better. But may be i'm wrong ?

CeterisParibus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
13/5/22
UE
I ordered a Daytona from Jtime which is +4/d.

I don't expect the genuine +/2s but 6 seems excessive, no ?

And my 200$ Seiko is not a masterpiece, they are all +5s max guaranteed

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
How important is 0-10 sec/day really, when we dont know if it will last for a 10 days or 10 years.

I personally dont care. Just check with your smartphone once a week and set it 1 minute back or forward and you wont miss anything important :)

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
The result given by Jtime must be for one position. If you make a mean of all the positions the watch will take during 24 hours, I think it will be better. For example : 12 hours at -4s/day and 12 hours at +5s/day gives +0,5 s/day. It is simple to think like this but I can't imagine Jtime makes all the tests like the COCS :)

Reactions: daytona4me

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
What does someone sacrifice when they decide to buy a knockoff replica as opposed to a genuine version of a watch?

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
The result given by Jtime must be for one position. If you make a mean of all the positions the watch will take during 24 hours, I think it will be better. For example : 12 hours at -4s/day and 12 hours at +5s/day gives +0,5 s/day. It is simple to think like this but I can't imagine Jtime makes all the tests like the COCS :)

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Just get it service once your have received it

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
+6s on the timegrapher could mean zero on the wrist because of temperature, mostly vertical orientation on the wrist versus horizontal orientation on the timegrapher, fully wound on the wrist versus ??? on the timegrapher, how do you position it at night off the wrist, etc ....

the QC timegrapher result will give you a general orientation whether something is severely wrong or not but they don't tell you shit about how accurate it will be on the wrist

if your Seiko gives you a better result you simply lucked out

so to answer your question, +6s is fine provided amplitude, beat error and graph are ok too

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I highly doubt that your Seiko has "better" values. As already mentioned above there is no ONE accuracy value. It depends on the position (tilt and shift), the temperature and how much the watch is wound up. If you have problems with this values simply buy a AAA-Rep with a quartz movement - they have dream results better than every Gen-Rolex ;-)

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
+6s on the timegrapher could mean zero on the wrist because of temperature, mostly vertical orientation on the wrist versus horizontal orientation on the timegrapher, fully wound on the wrist versus ??? on the timegrapher, how do you position it at night off the wrist, etc ....

the QC timegrapher result will give you a general orientation whether something is severely wrong or not but they don't tell you shit about how accurate it will be on the wrist

if your Seiko gives you a better result you simply lucked out

so to answer your question, +6s is fine provided amplitude, beat error and graph are ok too

+1

If on a timegrapher it is +2 wearing it might be +15 daily

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Hi everyone,

At this price, i expect something amazing and i'm not impressed by this poor accuracy, my gen Seiko 5 is better. But may be i'm wrong ?

Poor accuracy? It’s close to a Chronometer grade ETA. It’s 2 sec outside the spec of a genuine Tudor and only 4 outside of SCOC. The movement in your Seiko is rated at -20/+40 s/d so IF it’s better then it’s only by complete fluke.

Reactions: Oascom

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
If you have problems with this values simply buy a AAA-Rep with a quartz movement - they have dream results better than every Gen-Rolex ;-)

Yes :thumbsup: and there is no need to wind it every 2 days ! I wonder why we buy these heavy and inaccurate Rolex :)

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
I doubt your new watch will arrive with +6s/d. It will be worse or may be better if you are lucky. I have yet to receive a watch from TD that runs same as shown in TD's QC timegrapher pic. The vibration/condition during transit do not make a mechanical watch more accurate.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Gen swiss cosc spec is +6sec.
So +6sec on a rep is fantastic.

Thats the half of the truth ;-)

COSC has also standards for the variation of the rates for different positions and temperatures and the rate stability and the influence of mechanical shocks. I think it is not very likely that any A-Movement will pass all the necessary tests for COSC ;-)

Last edited: