• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why it is better to stick to TDs - my case with Josh from Perfect Clones

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
First of all a disclaimer: I'm not posting this to have a good cry or to seek help. I knew what I was doing and I am fully responsible for it.

About a month ago, I ordered a watch for myself and a watch for a friend from Joshua of Perfect Clones. I had enjoyed ordering from him in the past and had good experiences, but since Brexit his USP, the UK Triangle, is not only pointless but dangerous for EU customers. Unfortunately, Josh is the only dealer who still has a stock of some good "old" HFac-Pams and I wanted to strike.

So I ordered the watches and transferred the money to his Irish bank account. And then he went silent. A week later I asked if everything was ok and he wrote me that he was still waiting for the transfer. Bamm! I called my bank - the transfer went out properly as a "instant transfer" (German: "Blitzüberweisung") and was credited to his account seconds later. The bank told me to make an investigation request. No sooner said than done. A few days later, the official result: the transfer arrived. Joshua stood by his statement that the transfer had not arrived and "proved" this with a screenshot of his account transactions. It was then between us a case of testimony against testimony. If he were an EU trader, I could file a complaint because of fraud. But this is pointless. But I did it anyway and arranged for a chargeback at my bank. But there is only a chance of success if Joshua's bank and Joshua himself agree ... so I can probably write off the money. It's my own fault. The only thing that really annoys me is that the order was not just for me, but also for a friend, who is now understandably annoyed with me.

I don't know if a mod could help in such a case, if I had ordered at a TD. But TDs are TDs for a reason and it is striking that such things happen mostly with traders who are not TDs (anymore).

So: If you are not a "risk seeker" and like to take risks to get rare watches, don't do it. Rather order from a TD and be on the safe side.

Bottom Line: Give Joshua a wide berth.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
That sucks J, am sorry to be reading this :mad:

Noted re Perfect Clones though, thank you for the heads up :graman:

Reactions: JayBee0815

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
First of all, very sorry to hear that this happened to you.

What is interesting about this, I am pretty sure that he is still a TD on one of the other forums, maybe you should post this there as well?

I've bought plenty of watches from him in the past and never had problems, I wonder what happened because it seems more people have been complaining about him lately.

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
First of all, very sorry to hear that this happened to you.

What is interesting about this, I am pretty sure that he is still a TD on one of the other forums, maybe you should post this there as well?

Yeah, I am registered at RepGeek too but there I only have two posts ;-)
I hardly think that they would tear their arms out for a passive member there. And in the end, it is also testimony against testimony here and the testimony of a TD will certainly weigh more heavily than the testimony of a passive member with two posts *lol*

I've bought plenty of watches from him in the past and never had problems, I wonder what happened because it seems more people have been complaining about him lately.

Yes, in the "German Rep Community" I also heard about complains ... but not (yet) about keeping the money and say, the bank transfer did not arrive.

Markangel

I'm Pretty Popular
3/4/19
EU
@jaybee0815. So sorry to hear that, especially when it involves a friend.
RG may not break their necks for a passive member but you should inform them, it may help to protect their members and I'm sure they don't want a scammer on their TD list.
Also Ireland is in the EU and bank fraud is bank fraud, whatever the reason for the wire.
I hope it all works out for you, mate.

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Not on RG, he's a TD on RWG.

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

Altoronto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/19
Wow, what a timing. I almost pulled the trigger, Josh said that he got old hfac on stock and shipping to EU is via UK, which is red flag to me specially after Brexit and now with this ‘funds’ didn’t arrive crap it’s a big no no!

I presume ‘old rare stock’ it’s just a bait. We are all risk takers for chasing a unicorns :)

I hope you’ll get you’re funds back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I used PC during my first years in this game when they were the most used TD on RWG. Never had any issues even after they lost their TD-title. I stopped using them mostly because of they didn't accept Paypal anymore and never updated their website with new models.

But why would you use them instead of TDs in 2022 would be my question?

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I presume ‘old rare stock’ it’s just a bait. We are all risk takers for chasing a unicorns :)

No, he really has some HFac, I dont know if they are "old" or NOS ... I already ordered some of them years ago and they where ok. But things have obviously changed since then.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
As I wrote in the OP: They are the only ones who have HFac Pams ;-)

Kurwasit (not TD) had several models not too long ago.And at PC, I was sure everyone had already finished all NOS. Surprised to hear that he offers anything else.

I don't know what was the reason for such behavior on his part, but, in any case, I sympathize with you.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
First of all a disclaimer: I'm not posting this to have a good cry or to seek help. I knew what I was doing and I am fully responsible for it.

About a month ago, I ordered a watch for myself and a watch for a friend from Joshua of Perfect Clones. I had enjoyed ordering from him in the past and had good experiences, but since Brexit his USP, the UK Triangle, is not only pointless but dangerous for EU customers. Unfortunately, Josh is the only dealer who still has a stock of some good "old" HFac-Pams and I wanted to strike.

So I ordered the watches and transferred the money to his Irish bank account. And then he went silent. A week later I asked if everything was ok and he wrote me that he was still waiting for the transfer. Bamm! I called my bank - the transfer went out properly as a "instant transfer" (German: "Blitzüberweisung") and was credited to his account seconds later. The bank told me to make an investigation request. No sooner said than done. A few days later, the official result: the transfer arrived. Joshua stood by his statement that the transfer had not arrived and "proved" this with a screenshot of his account transactions. It was then between us a case of testimony against testimony. If he were an EU trader, I could file a complaint because of fraud. But this is pointless. But I did it anyway and arranged for a chargeback at my bank. But there is only a chance of success if Joshua's bank and Joshua himself agree ... so I can probably write off the money. It's my own fault. The only thing that really annoys me is that the order was not just for me, but also for a friend, who is now understandably annoyed with me.

I don't know if a mod could help in such a case, if I had ordered at a TD. But TDs are TDs for a reason and it is striking that such things happen mostly with traders who are not TDs (anymore).

So: If you are not a "risk seeker" and like to take risks to get rare watches, don't do it. Rather order from a TD and be on the safe side.

Bottom Line: Give Joshua a wide berth.

This has happened to me in the past, it's the fault of the banks.

Someone transferred me about 1000 euros, transfer done within the EU, between 2 counties and 2 different banks. After 1 week funds still hadn't arrived, so sender asked his bank to check, they said funds had definitely arrived in my account - but the funds were not there.
I asked my bank to check - no, the funds definitely haven't been received.
After several weeks of waiting, funds still haven't arrived so both us asked our banks to launch a formal inter-bank investigation where they cooperate and track the funds movements.
After a week or so the problem was solved. It seems the problem was with my bank, they had received the funds but hadn't credited them to my account.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe

Someone transferred me about 1000 euros, transfer done within the EU, between 2 counties and 2 different banks. After 1 week funds still hadn't arrived, so sender asked his bank to check, they said funds had definitely arrived in my account - but the funds were not there.
After several weeks of waiting, funds still haven't arrived so both us asked our banks to launch a formal inter-bank investigation where they cooperate and track the funds movements.
After a week or so the problem was solved. It seems the problem was with my bank, they had received the funds but hadn't credited them to my account.

Thanks for this answer. My bank told me, that there can be no fault ... but who trusts a banker? I will try to ask Josh again, so that he might put some pressure on his bank.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Thanks for this answer. My bank told me, that there can be no fault ... but who trusts a banker? I will try to ask Josh again, so that he might put some pressure on his bank.

The senders bank told him the money had definitely 100% arrived in my bank account - errors are not possible they said.

My bank assured me 100% that the funds had not been sent or received - errors are not possible they said.

The money was sent, received but not credited to my account, so it was an error, even if errors 'aren't possible'.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
you can request a tracer from your bank, this will be proof in writing that the funds arrived at the beneficiary bank - or held up along the way.

as stated prior, the beneficiary bank or correspondent bank *may* not credit the funds and flag the payment for several reasons, such as AML/potential fraud.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe

Ok, according to the helpful Infos from tripdog there are two possible scenarios:

(a) The Irish Bank from Josh made a mistake. Then Josh is correct with his statement.
(b) Josh committed fraud and his statement is wrong.

To find this out, I just mailed him to start a investigation at his bank on his own. If he follows this advise, the bank-mistake should be found and everything is ok. If he doesnt follow this advise, he is probably committing fraud. Given that he transfers all the money from his Irish account on a regular basis to his account in Singapore and he is no EU-Citizen the chances to get back the money are imo very small and the costs for a international attorney for me a high. So this doesnt make sense. And to go the police is a waste of time.

I will keep you up to date. I hope, this is indeed a bank mistake and everything clears up.

Reactions: tripdog

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
That was fast. In this minute I got the answer ..

Hi
Ok sir… The finally found it and adjusted my balance..

Will proceed sir.

Nothing more to say. 33 days after the transfer they suddenly found the money?!? Would they have found the money if I hadn't posted this publicly? Questions about questions ;-)
But at least me and my friend should get our watches. "Happy end", but never again ;-)

And the bottom line is clear: STICK TO THE TDs ;-)