• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Percentage Breakdown of TD Sales by Watch Brand

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
dogwood : what an amazing body of work !

When did you took all the data from ?

Very, very, very interesting....yes, Rolex have 60 % of the Rep market (and probably also of the Gen market ahaha)....

Since i like paerticular watches, i'm really happy to see that Cartier holds a good position in terms of Reps sold...

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Cool stat work mate, thank you for your time.

I think there is an overall truth in the spreading of brands's position on the podium, although several missing datas involve biases. For example Panerai's low position probably suffers from recent brutal VSF disappearance (and disappearance of other competitive factories such as Hfac or KW further in the past). Look at Submariners in comparison : factories may come and go, but there's never been a single stop in the mass production of it.
Also the timescale is quite short here (basically it's a few months 2022 market overview).
Also is the stat taking the amount of pieces produced or TDs stock status ? and so on and so on...

But hell, this a is a neat job you did here OP, mostly as I don't think TDs or factories are willing to give their business datas easily. A very good start that would be worth the search for more datas. Personaly I'd be curious to see the results of such a stat work tuned up finer, to get a precise overview of the rep market. Also, as a mirror world, replica's statistics can be relevant to the gen market as well.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: JayBee0815

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Great job
Congratulations, very informative

Dsr89d

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/21
A fascinating look at the rep industry. Thanks for your work!

auteur

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
27/8/17
Eastern US
Agreed, amazing work! Data seems to correlate with frequency of posts on here, at least by my unscientific observation.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Thanks for a great study. My biggest surprise was how high Cartier (7,7%) was and that Breitling was lower than 1%. Also that Tag Heuer didn't even reach the chart.

Maybe I go blind when I scroll through the forum and my eyes get stuck on what I want to see lol

Last edited: