• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Future of Reps

pete_od9

Horology Curious
20/5/21
Not sure if someone has already started this somewhere else. Will there be a great rep factory to succeed the throne from Noob and VSF?

I regret I didn't get any VSF seamaster. I didn't know there's a big demand for VSF until I sold my VSF yachtmaster 42mm last month, people were swarming in.

Especially after I know that a fully oil/serviced rep will keep good time, I regret even more.

Hope there will be a next top factory, and hope TDs will establish supply chain soon.

Cheers

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Not sure if someone has already started this somewhere else. Will there be a great rep factory to succeed the throne from Noob and VSF?

I regret I didn't get any VSF seamaster. I didn't know there's a big demand for VSF until I sold my VSF yachtmaster 42mm last month, people were swarming in.

Especially after I know that a fully oil/serviced rep will keep good time, I regret even more.

Hope there will be a next top factory, and hope TDs will establish supply chain soon.

Cheers

R-factory makes the best Rolex watch. The wait list is very long.

centrum

27/7/14
Looks like Clean is working his way up as a new contender. ARF and ZF that are still around have been great ever since. Looking forward to PPF's future watches too.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Sadly not. Their demise marks the end of the great rep era. Fake watches will now quietly die out and pass into legend, in the way of other periods in history; like the dinosaurs, the Roman Empire, and fidget spinners.

What about movements, will the Bristol Movement survive?

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
Well there are still some nice reps coming out from Clean.

But the future is uncertain especially if some try to sell these as real and piss off the manufacturing company like Rolex

All these guys need to do is copy the genuine watches and put their own label on them. Sounds pretty easy.

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
If there is a demand, there should be a supply somewhere. I stocked up on the watches I have been wanting just in case the worst happens.

It all depends on what the Chinese government has in mind for the future. If the Raids continue to be this widespread then the future of reps looks bleak.

If we get a break for a while maybe the factories can relocate to somewhere safe. Who knows?

I would love to see these guys, just like the mafia did, get into the legitimate business with their own brands. Agelocer ( a newer Chinese brand ) has some fantastic nice looking watches.

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
If there is a demand, there should be a supply somewhere. I stocked up on the watches I have been wanting just in case the worst happens.

It all depends on what the Chinese government has in mind for the future. If the Raids continue to be this widespread then the future of reps looks bleak.

If we get a break for a while maybe the factories can relocate to somewhere safe. Who knows?

I would love to see these guys, just like the mafia did, get into the legitimate business with their own brands. Agelocer ( a newer Chinese brand ) has some fantastic nice looking watches.

There is always Bangladesh where cheap labor is plentiful.

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Even if the government should continue with raids, the market is not static and never changing. As one part advance, the other will too in order to keep afloat and ahead.