• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first QC arrived, please help... (PAM 968)

manphibian

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
26/12/21
Apologies if this isn't the right place, but I have my QC pics for my PAM 968 Bronzo from Trusty Time.

Considering the watch is over $500, i fell the allignment might not be good... or am i being too picky? It's my first REP so not sure what to say to them.

QC pics here: https://imgur.com/a/7E1oFP9

I feel like the whole dial is out, rotated left, and the 30 marker on the bezel is wonky. Would you all reject this watch?

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
There's nothing wrong with it. The problems are caused by drawing lines on a photo of a watch that's not 100% precisely square on to the camera.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Apologies if this isn't the right place, but I have my QC pics for my PAM 968 Bronzo from Trusty Time.

Considering the watch is over $500, i fell the allignment might not be good... or am i being too picky? It's my first REP so not sure what to say to them.

QC pics here: https://imgur.com/a/7E1oFP9

I feel like the whole dial is out, rotated left, and the 30 marker on the bezel is wonky. Would you all reject this watch?

Last edited by manphibian; 06-01-22, 12:26.

Tags: None

YES YOU ARE TOO PICKY.

Those QC postings are getting worse....Reddit incoming....

Reactions: JayBee0815

manphibian

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
26/12/21
Are you kidding? Throw away your Photoshop and turn on your common sense.

Why is everyone here so aggressive?

The dial is rotated off to the left, there's no doubt about that. You can see it in the 2nd pic with no lines. This is a $539 watch, not some $30 throwaway thing for me.

Reactions: Roadster

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Why is everyone here so aggressive?

The dial is rotated off to the left, there's no doubt about that. You can see it in the 2nd pic with no lines. This is a $539 watch, not some $30 throwaway thing for me.

For various reasons:

1. You are not the first to want someone else to review their QCs
2. It is not allowed to do this
3. If many do, then the red lights will increase and accordingly the prices of the reps will be even higher

manphibian

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
26/12/21
For various reasons:

1. You are not the first to want someone else to review their QCs
2. It is not allowed to do this
3. If many do, then the red lights will increase and accordingly the prices of the reps will be even higher

I have thoroughly read the rules and you're wrong.

An actual quote from the sticky in the newbies section is:

"QC pics should only be posted if you have some doubt and need to ask a question such as "Hey guys, the lume on the 6 looks a bit wonkey to me, should I let it go or ask for another watch?" or "Is the SEL gap on this excessive or is that normal on this model?" or even "I was told this is a V3.5 but I'm not sure, is it?" That sort of thing, not a general "can anyone see anything wrong?"

Which is exactly what i've done, so, quite frankly, you can shove your shitty attitude back up your arse.

As it's my first rep, i just wanted a little help setting my expectations.

So do one.

Last edited:

AF_FNQ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/10

If you don’t like the QC pics wouldn’t the best option be to either: a. discuss your concerns with the seller, or b. don’t buy it?.

Isn’t it as simple as that? I can’t see why you need to involve others in your decision making when you seem to have major reservations.

But anyway, time for me to sit back, eat my popcorn and enjoy the thread ....

manphibian

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
26/12/21
If you don’t like the QC pics wouldn’t the best option be to either: a. discuss your concerns with the seller, or b. don’t buy it?.

Isn’t it as simple as that? I can’t see why you need to involve others in your decision making when you seem to have major reservations.

But anyway, time for me to sit back, eat my popcorn and enjoy the thread ....

I will ask the seller. Just wanted a 2nd opinion from someone, big mistake.

Not sure who you guys are used to talking to, but you won't be disrespectfully speaking to me like a mug unchallenged.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
The dial is rotated off to the left, there's no doubt about that.

Thats utterly nonsense and I dont know, why you are posting this pictures here. Everyone who is familiar with photos of watches tells you in this thread, that this watch is ok. So what do you want? Answers? Or do you simply want a confirmation for your wrong impression? And then you wonder why we are not superfriendly. Strange.

Last edited:
Reactions: derjenigewelcher

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello!

Thank you for reading the rules and knowing when you can share QC statements and when you can't.
The next step you could take is to read related topics from other contributors.
Then, you could probably find out that superimposing lines from Photoshop on a dial is a nonrespectless task that even most of the gen will not pass, because either the photo was not taken at a perfectly right angle, or the dial is actually slightly turned, which happens like gen and rep.
Therefore, the argument about $ 500 per watch (which is certainly not few for a rep) does not fit a little. It often happens that it’s just that it’s the watch you ordered and that it works.

If you are interested in the subjective opinion of the participants (which is strange, because you should have your own), then the turn of the dial is almost invisible, the turn of marker 30 is obvious.

Good or bad, the reason to refuse or not is your own business, no one can help you with this.

You should also understand that VSF PAMS at the moment, this is a strictly limited product, and does not always meet all the usual QC requirements, and if you refuse this, there may not be another. I have not spoken to dealers, but I know that some people practice selling without a opt-out option. Yes or no, and no other option is offered.

In the end, I’ll say on my own that everyone always found fault with rotated markers, on SUBMERSIBLES, but this happens often, both on REP and on GEN, and, by the way, having handy items and a little courage, you can align them.

The most important thing here is something else. This is your first purchase, as you said, and you seem to give it a little more value than it actually does. Relax and get the watch you love.
GEN PAM968 is a watch with a very overpriced aftermarket, and REP VSF can only blind confused with GEN, so there are not many options.

Be a little easier and a happy new year!

Last edited:

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
There is nothing wrong with your initial question, it's the drawing of lines that is frowned upon and irritates people.
See explanation in post #2. It is almost impossible to have the watch perfectly angled for this approach and still
get a perfectly lit shot for marketing purposes. Try this on pictures of professionally taken pics by renowned marketing
agencies of gens, or even with one of your own watches you consider perfect. Even the slightest change in angle will
play tremendous tricks on your eyes.

Also uploading the whole set of QC pics instead of only the one that your concern is about is often misused as
a 'backdoor' to ask about the watch in general, without explicitly doing so.

If you are serious about this hobby, enjoy your watches and the forum and don't get offended too easily.

Reactions: DD60

manphibian

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
26/12/21
KOT1917 and Plaasbaas Thank you very much for your replies. I appreciate it. The knowledge of what previous versions of the watch were like is what I needed.

I don't get offended easily, but the first few replies here to a genuine post I find absolutely rude and unhelpful and there's no need for it.

The wonky 30 marker was the thing that made me want to reject the watch, but having looked at the watch on Panerai own website having the wonky marker i'll go ahead and accept it as long as a few of my questions are answered by the seller.

To the rest of you, thanks for nothing.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
IMHO the watch looks good. With it on your wrist, you will not notice the tiny imperfection. The next one seller provides may not be as nice. I would accept it.
Enjoy it, and if one day you don't like it any more, you can easily sell it on the M2M sales section. Win-Win.