• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

(HELP) Shipping from UK to USA

Jackmckeever8

31/10/21
Uk
Hi guys

I've had a fellow member ask me to ship a watch that is currently for sale to the USA, I'm based in the UK

I would like to use royal mail as there is a post office a stone's throw away from my house

Does anyone know a ball park figure that I should be charging for postage to the usa, and what the customs risk is

Thanks in advance for your help

Jack

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Go to https://send.royalmail.com/ and put in the item weight, size and destination. It'll then tell you all the pricing options for the parcel you want to send.

When you fill out the customs form, mark the package as "broken watch for parts" with a value of £15. It might also help to cover the watch crystal with some masking tape to disguise it a bit and make it look superficially knackered. There's always a risk getting anything through customs, but I've done it several times and have yet to have any problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wacht

Jackmckeever8

31/10/21
Uk
Go to https://send.royalmail.com/ and put in the item weight, size and destination. It'll then tell you all the pricing options for the parcel you want to send.

When you fill out the customs form, mark the package as "broken watch for parts" with a value of £15. It might also help to cover the watch crystal with some masking tape to disguise it a bit and make it look superficially knackered. There's always a risk getting anything through customs, but I've done it several times and have yet to have any problems.

Thank you very much for your help

Reactions: p0pperini

parklanephil

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
4/6/14
I am English but based in the US
Family send me stuff all the time, never had a customs issue, mark as gifts ( i had a gen Rolex Milgauss dial shipped this way with no issue)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jackmckeever8

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Use Royal Mail international signed and tracked.

It costs around £13-15 for a single watch (in a handheld sized box placed inside a small padded envelope).

Customs risk is low.

Include a letter inside asking the receiver to “repair your watch” (ie if it’s opened by usa customs they will think it’s your watch being sent for repair - worse case they send it back to you).

Declare value and description mentioned above.

Ps. Use SMALL box/packet. Large lot boxes tend to attract more attention.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Jackmckeever8

31/10/21
Uk
Use Royal Mail international signed and tracked.

It costs around £13-15 for a single watch (in a handheld sized box placed inside a small padded envelope).

Customs risk is low.

Include a letter inside asking the receiver to “repair your watch” (ie if it’s opened by usa customs they will think it’s your watch being sent for repair - worse case they send it back to you).

Declare value and description mentioned above.

Ps. Use SMALL box/packet. Large lot boxes tend to attract more attention.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

this is why I love this community, thanks very much for you help