• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie order - rolex daytona white dial - nervous

rvoblivion

Horology Curious
18/12/21
Ordered an ewf rolex daytona 116500 considering arf has non working subdials and the noob is out of production. Also the clean factory pre order is way too expensive for me.

I finally took the plunge to go ahead with td hontwatch ru and nervous about the qc as well as the transaction by itself.

Can't wait to see the quality once I receive it. Hope it isn't as disappointing as what the non tds sell.

First purchase. I may add one more if the experience turns out good.

rvoblivion

Horology Curious
18/12/21
the noisy rotor on the arf was my concern too. and the movement might be asian on the ewf, but assuming it would be easier to repair vs the actual clone movements. that was the idea before finalizing the ewf.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Hi, EWFs version offers great value for money. With their slim 7750 movement the case size comes now very close to the gen case size. Show us some photos once it comes in!

rvoblivion

Horology Curious
18/12/21
I had some issues in processing the payment. It is now done and sorted. Awaiting qc pics. Not the kind of person who rejects though.Lets see how long would the wait be.

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
Almost ordered an EWF as well.

Then Clean Factory had to come along and put a 4130 in theirs.

Enjoy yours and show it off

rvoblivion

Horology Curious
18/12/21
well clean factory costed way more than the ewf. also, the asian movement seemed easier to repair. considering this is my first rep in life, i think ewf made more sense for me. it was the opposite for me, i went from chosing cf to ewf.

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
I have a few replicas with the 7750 Chrono movement you are getting, and they all work fine.

I just wanted the 4130 to see how well they work, and I can't explain it but to feel owning an almost real Rolex. Sounds weird when I write it down, but a quartz movement does not interest me in the least when looking at a watch. I like the design and engineering that goes into a mechanical movement and can't wait till the Chinese are producing their own watch movements that are as good as the Swiss.

You are in the Golden age of Replica watches. They are just getting better. If you do get a Submariner or Rolex GMT they are all great and can hold their own with the real ones.
Choosing the Daytona shows you have good taste in watches, so I hope you end up with a nice collection as the years go by.