Flan_Dad white gold plating review for 116509 & 126619LB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roughwatch View Post

Nice that you're showing the other side of a vendor here, but it's rude to insinuate that man5on90 lacks credibility for showing what he received with his purchase. Most TDs here probably have a shady story or two but anyone who gives them a good review doesn't lack credibility.

As mentioned, nice to point out his vendor's dubious past, but no need to insult others on the forum.
    You might want to get your story straight. It’s not an insult when someone is actively trying to convince others that a recently proven liar and con is a credible source over some reviews on Reddit. What this “vendor” did is in the open on RWI for anyone to read. TD’s aren’t perfect, but they certainly don’t do what this guy did and are an asset to the community. If you are defending this behavior, then maybe you should rethink your words.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostrider757 View Post
      You might want to get your story straight. It’s not an insult when someone is actively trying to convince others that a recently proven liar and con is a credible source over some reviews on Reddit. What this “vendor” did is in the open on RWI for anyone to read. TD’s aren’t perfect, but they certainly don’t do what this guy did and are an asset to the community. If you are defending this behavior, then maybe you should rethink your words.
      Easy there tiger. As mentioned, it's good that you brought this to attention as I didn't know about it myself and I'm sure others don't either. Just stating that saying that the OP has no credibility is pretty rude.
      Last edited by Roughwatch; 28-12-21, 22:50.
      Desperately after a NOOB 116622 rhodium with the 3135 movement. I'LL PAY ANYTHING, PLUS MY LEFT KIDNEY (not the right one, that's for drinkin).

Comment

All i can say i did hold watch plated by him.

I did like the color, i didn't like he did only visible parts meaning it was probably pen plated.

I'm not an expert on plating, maybe Nikz19 have anything to say.

"Mini service" and "waterproof" test he is offering are plain scamming people.
        Last edited by oascom; 01-01-22, 00:58.

Comment

I’m with Pat here.

This guy doesn’t service watches, so why do people keep saying that?
          There is no such thing as a “mini-service”. More like a money grab from those noobs out there. He used to offer a $250 tier III service, but said he only fully serviced 8 watches. What does that tell you lol?

He also is in no way shape or form vetted on Reddit. There is a specific subreddit for approved and trusted watchmakers. His plating has also been called out by many as well.

I remember a video he posted on YouTube when he oiled the balance cap jewel without taking any of it out or cleaning it….he just stuck an oiler through the pivot hole…
          Last edited by PsychoTee16; 01-01-22, 01:23.
          My Current Collection
          GEN -- Omega Speedmaster Professional Racing 329.33.44.51.04.001
          FRANKEN -- Rolex Daytona 116500LN, Rolex 126610LV
          REP -- PAM111, PAM569, Rolex SD43, Rolex 114300, Rolex 116710LN, Rolex 226659, PP 5167A, AP SS Diver, JLC Reserve De Marche,
          Self-Taught Watchmaker

Comment

Looks like the vote is unanimous. Thanks for the feedback. Another example of doing your homework prior to forking out the dollars.

As soon as I receive the watches back I'll have them tested that they were actually plated properly. (if that can be done) I believe its 14k 2 coats from what he states.

I will say, however, that the pieces do look sensational. Particularly the cookie monster has that slight grey coloring that is like the gen.

It sounds to me that he may be a newbie palming himself off as a true experienced watch repairer. I see negative reviews and praise on both sides.

Once I receive them, I'll post another update.

PS> This is basically what Nikz19 thinks of him ...lol (I should have gone to him in the first place).

Currently after:

Batman/Batgirl - Noob/ARF - VR3186

Comment

I remember him getting absolutely torched on Reptime as well, see here Please be aware of flan dad "services" : RepTimeServices (reddit.com)
              He is not a verified or endorsed watchsmith on r/reptimeservices either.

Comment

It's a tough crowd. My two cents on this is the more people trying to work on these things, the better. Plenty of "trusted" watch smiths on this forum have fucked up various things on my repairs, but these are reps and they are not ADs. So I welcome more modders and servicers, and RWI has admitted quite a few over the years.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by emdeevee View Post
                  It's a tough crowd. My two cents on this is the more people trying to work on these things, the better. Plenty of "trusted" watch smiths on this forum have fucked up various things on my repairs, but these are reps and they are not ADs. So I welcome more modders and servicers, and RWI has admitted quite a few over the years.

You should go watch some of his videos. His practices are embarrassing to any watchmaker.

Yes things get screwed up, but any respected watchmaker will fix it. At least the ones I know…
                  My Current Collection
                  REP -- PAM111, PAM569, Rolex SD43, Rolex 114300, Rolex 116710LN, Rolex 226659, PP 5167A, AP SS Diver, JLC Reserve De Marche,
                  Self-Taught Watchmaker

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoTee16 View Post

You should go watch some of his videos. His practices are embarrassing to any watchmaker.

Yes things get screwed up, but any respected watchmaker will fix it. At least the ones I know…
                    I'm not necessarily commenting on this particular person, but fancy machines and cool pics and videos do not guarantee anything. I've gotten all of that in the past, probably from the "people you know", with watches that literally were worse upon return.

My point is that we need a vibrant marketplace for services, the more the merrier, and word of mouth is going to, ultimately, shake out the best (and worst). I want competition so the "people you know" have to keep up their game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by emdeevee View Post
                      I'm not necessarily commenting on this particular person, but fancy machines and cool pics and videos do not guarantee anything. I've gotten all of that in the past, probably from the "people you know", with watches that literally were worse upon return.

My point is that we need a vibrant marketplace for services, the more the merrier, and word of mouth is going to, ultimately, shake out the best (and worst). I want competition so the "people you know" have to keep up their game as well.

Only people I work with are trusted watchmakers. And they all offer warranties for issues. So you should have contacted them or the mods if issues arrised.

Oascom and Nik, for two, would never do you dirty like that.

And the correct fancy tools help a lot. Cheap crappy tools are just that. And they do not do the job very well.
                      Last edited by PsychoTee16; 04-01-22, 02:03.
                      My Current Collection
                      Self-Taught Watchmaker

Comment

Flan dad is fine for plating, but I wouldn’t use him for anything else

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Thanks on both sides ????…..

And as it’s been pointed out I might not be on the same pro level as many of the watchsmiths on here, I do continue to work and serve the members…. It’s always their decision who they want to use…. So many have their opinions and ways they do things right or wrong… All I know is I get better everyday and enjoy the hobby even though I take bashing from others who haven’t ever had a personal experience with my work. And the ones who have are happy…

I use the constructive criticism to get better and move on… Happy Friday ????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flandadcash View Post
                            Thanks on both sides ????…..

And as it’s been pointed out I might not be on the same pro level as many of the watchsmiths on here, I do continue to work and serve the members…. It’s always their decision who they want to use…. So many have their opinions and ways they do things right or wrong… All I know is I get better everyday and enjoy the hobby even though I take bashing from others who haven’t ever had a personal experience with my work. And the ones who have are happy…

I use the constructive criticism to get better and move on… Happy Friday ????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Is this kosher? Your not approved to do work on here so why you advertising now?

tripdog
                            Last edited by PsychoTee16; 15-01-22, 22:42.
                            My Current Collection
                            Self-Taught Watchmaker

Comment

Working...
                            X