• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Removing scratches

AAH1483

Certified
5/12/12
Hi guys and happy holidays. I have an ARF sub and it got bruised on the case from wearing bead bracelets. I read somewhere that I can use a 3M green to lightly rub over it (in one direction) to smooth it out. Went to home depot and bought a dremel 200. Will be my ist time using one and it comes with 3 polishing attachments 422 ,425 , and the 429 along with the compound. Can someone guide me briefly on which one to use if anyone has used one of these. Thanks.

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Hi guys and happy holidays. I have an ARF sub and it got bruised on the case from wearing bead bracelets. I read somewhere that I can use a 3M green to lightly rub over it (in one direction) to smooth it out. Went to home depot and bought a dremel 200. Will be my ist time using one and it comes with 3 polishing attachments 422 ,425 , and the 429 along with the compound. Can someone guide me briefly on which one to use if anyone has used one of these. Thanks.

Not sure about the correct polishing attachment, but want to chime in about using the dremel in general. While it is perfect and an absolute joy to work with, you might want to remove the movement from the case first, as the vibration won't do it any good, unless you did not already plan to do so.

Reactions: micksmith1987

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
I would try a manual solution first. The Bergeon sticks are very good - there is one with three different grades that I have found covers most bases, particularly when used in conjunction with cape cod. Very easy to use and very precise.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: micksmith1987

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Try the Bergeon stick like he said ^

Best not to put a Dremel to the case as you risk polishing a depression into it.

AAH1483

Certified
5/12/12
I saw the Burgeon stick . What grade should I use?

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Bergeon 2290 is the tri grade stick. Dark gray portion to start, light gray for high polish but cape cod to finish

Sent from my iPhone using RWI