• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Servicing replicas on arrival?

ChronoKitsune

Known Member
11/10/21
Down Under
Should I get watchmakers to service all of my movements on arrival? Is it really necessary to do so? Since I am not too confident, I would probably give it over to a watchmaker which could result in a large bill at the end for multiple watches... is it worth it? How much do these pre-services really extend the life of these watches?

Also, if I manage to muster the courage to do it myself, is there a guide to pre-servicing to get the most life out of the watches? (not to fix an already broken movement)

Thanks

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Hi, there is no need to immediately service a replica watch.

There is a but: if the time graph results were not satisfactory and you still decide to green light it or it the watch arrived DoA

0a5d65f9703b0d4ac31249526ce3609c.jpg

ChronoKitsune

Known Member
11/10/21
Down Under
the time graph results were not satisfactory and you still decide to green light it

I recently green lighted a +13s/d / 330 amplitude submariner, which to me, was fine. I have no problems re-adjusting the time every week or so. No biggie.

My one concern was that higher inaccuracy / too high or low amplitude could possible mean that the watch movement will die on me prematurely... is that usually how it goes? Or does the inaccuracy simply mean one thing: it's inaccurate, and nothing else?

If it's only inaccurate, that's all fine for me... I really don't mind re-adjusting. Thanks for your input, by the way

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Your watch is just running below optimal. Idd no biggie but for me it’s annoying when it starts deviating in minutes.

Not sure if that means it will wear the movement down more or not. Amplitude measures the horse power of a movement, if that makes sense.