• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Broke Batman Bezel insert

Atl944

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/4/20
I picked a brand new GMF Batman, got the watch and tried to test the bezel and the black and blue insert fell off. Looks like there is some sort of tape on the insert and the case. Anyone know how these are attached? Is it just glued on?

thanks

Atl944

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/4/20
Yeah, I was really disappointed in the quality, I used some strong glue and it will never come off now, thanks

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The correct adhesive material to use is double-sided tape. Sellotape do it, it's called (unsurprisingly) "Sellotape Double Sided Tape" described on the packaging as "ultra thin tissue", because it's a very fine layer of material and very sticky. You don't want the foam version, or the stuff designed for sticking down carpet.

3M also do it, if you search on eBay for "3M bezel insert tape". It comes ready cut in a circle. But it's an expensive option, given that a pack of 5 of these pre-cut circles costs the same as a roll of tape that'll last pretty much for ever.

I suspect the Chinese use a cheap knock-off of the 3M tape, which is why it's prone to fail.

Last edited: