• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF rumors?

Merchant_Mariner

Horology Curious
18/4/21
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has heard rumblings of VSF making a comeback. I've been in contact with a few TD's and they haven't heard anything. Bummer because they got shut down right before I pulled the trigger on a Panerai Bronzo... the ZF version just isn't anything close to what VSF was offering.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Would be great. But... I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, fck Reddit rumors.

Reactions: macarone

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
I don’t see them coming back and that’s not necessarily a bad thing imo. The hunt is part of our hobby, let’s enjoy it. Dependency: new factories emerge and release their rep versions

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
There will be rummors for a long time. At the end - who cares? Can you do something about VSF coming back? No. Then just don't bother with rummors...

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
So good news, albeit rumor, but Steve at Theonewatches suggested that VSF may reopen in December. Just wanted to give an update.

Thank you for the update Sir but reminds me of an old proverb:

I've just dropped a message to my TD to see if she has heard any news/rumours.

Would love it to be true, so I guess time will tell.

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
Just in time to generate some stock for Chinese New Year.
Would be nice, but i wouldn't be holding my breath.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
9064517a36ec891ad9bc11ab8ab6a14f.jpg

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I wouldn't be counting chickens quite yet but there are signs that they may (and I stress may) be back at some stage.

40mm

19/10/21
GreatWhiteNorth
It is encouraging that two dealers are saying they have access "somehow" to VSF stock. Is it leftovers, or a trickle of a re-start?

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
It is encouraging that two dealers are saying they have access "somehow" to VSF stock. Is it leftovers, or a trickle of a re-start?

but their asking price is just ridiculous....over $900 with shipping included i heard

locvs

7/12/20
Germany

Might be a sign, that some employees of bosses have access to some leftover stashed stock. Or some leftover parts have been assembled somewhere. Might be that QC failed parts have been assaembled. All speculations.

ellocity

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/10/19
Italy
In an article I read that the VSF boss was not arrested but the factories that produced the movement and the factories of the case had big problems. Ultimately he said that VSF is trying to organize itself with new factories and that it takes time and it will not come back immediately but that it is doing what it can.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
In an article I read that the VSF boss was not arrested but the factories that produced the movement and the factories of the case had big problems. Ultimately he said that VSF is trying to organize itself with new factories and that it takes time and it will not come back immediately but that it is doing what it can.

Not arrested, but hunted/chased by police.
The biggest problems will be the VS Movement, they cant just add those new hybrid VR Movements, hell please...:D
Well when TDs say VSF and sister factorys still have their contact phones off, then each mister reddit should stfu:)

Reactions: kavorca1

Amorist

Horology Curious
13/2/18
What a crazy concept in general! You gotta assume any money that was accessable to the authorities, they'd have gotten that taken away as well, thats probably the hardest part to getting up and running again. When a factory disappears, you have to assume it creates an opening for something new. There is just too much money to be made here for someone to not want to step up and fill that role.

It seems like that reps are always getting progressively better. I know there are certain exceptions in models, but as a whole they're getting better and better. I think we're gonna continue to see that trend. Just need a little patience.