• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF rumors?

Mephitic51

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/21
Just wondering what the incentive for the authorities is. Are the bloated gen brands paying for this enforcement?

Amorist

Horology Curious
13/2/18
Just wondering what the incentive for the authorities is. Are the bloated gen brands paying for this enforcement?

Yes that is exactly it. I'm big into golf and there was this massive raid a few years back on conterfeit golf equipment. A bunch of the golf companies teamed up and funded the entire thing. They say it's "to protect their business, their intellectual property, and their reputation". I know my brain goes straight into thinking "rolex/AP/Patek vs rep", and maybe it doesn't affect them as much since someone buying a $10-30k+ watch probably isn't having that issue with the $500 product being their competition...but what about the companies that sell say $2000-4000 watches like Nomos. In that category, I wonder if the reps do impede on their business. Or even like $1000 handbag vs $350 for the same rep handbag. Just something to think about.

Last edited:

Mephitic51

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/21
Definitely, a £3k Breitling Superocean Vs a very good £400 rep is real competition. For the massively overpriced brands (Rolex, PP etc) I do wonder if rep buyers are also gen buyers.

Reactions: leo6929