• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC alignment tool

Port9800

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/21
Oregon - United States
I kept seeing the alignment tool being used but I could not find it....did a bunch of searching and did finally come up with it and thought it might be helpful to post here for others. The easiest to use is found here: http://haos.tk and here: https://haos-toolkit.herokuapp.com/ They are a modification done by reddit.com/user/niha0ma of the original tool.

Of course it still requires a straight on QC photo of the watch by your TD, which you don't always get. But it is still a fun tool to use. Enjoy!

Reactions: bigugo

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oh you have to be fucking kidding me! If you can't spot it with your own eyes in a photo that 10 or 20 times the size of the actual watch who the hell cares? Keep this shit at Reddit would you?
TheRealWorld.jpg

Dohdoh

Renowned Member
30/10/13
Oh please no... That doesn't even help as the pics are never ever truly centered. You would be surprised how many gens have sort of slight misalignments on dials, markers etc.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Fusible

Port9800

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/21
Oregon - United States
Oh you have to be fucking kidding me! If you can't spot it with your own eyes in a photo that 10 or 20 times the size of the actual watch who the hell cares? Keep this shit at Reddit would you?
TheRealWorld.jpg

Geez....sorry.....I just thought it was kind of fun. Of course you are correct, that if something is that out of alignment it should be spotted without a tool. And to use it to RL a watch when the accuracy of it is entirely dependent upon the angle of the photo would be out of line.

Just close or better yet, delete this thread and I'll refrain from ever mentioning it again!

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
i completely understand why people use this. But they fail to understand it's a rep, they're just like that. If its slightly out of alignment, get it sent to serviced and align it while you're at it. Most reps need servicing anyway.

Reactions: tkingjr

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
My Gen Roley would not stand this "test". its craftmanship...not machine bullshitl.
NEWBIE!!!!!Thanks fot this is not the flamefreeforum you idiot! Get lost!