• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

damn, i got caught!

CPTony

2/10/11
I have got a letter from the customs, my 2 watches were confiscated and I need to pay an administrative fee ASAP...f**k!!!
I have bought them from a well-known TD here and picked a triangulation shipment in order to avoid any troubles but i was not lucky...

Definitely this is the last time i buy stuff from outside EU, but I wonder if i am entitled to some reimbursement from the TD, who holds the risk in cases like this?
i have sent him an email but no answer yet, perhaps because of the different time zone.

I feel pretty bad right now...

ice_gee

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/5/09
leave it pal..don't get yourself into trouble..sometimes shit happens

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Generally risk is on the buyer, however some dealers might be nice enough to offer you some compensation or replacement.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

ichi

25/4/12
I have got a letter from the customs, my 2 watches were confiscated and I need to pay an administrative fee ASAP...f**k!!!
I have bought them from a well-known TD here and picked a triangulation shipment in order to avoid any troubles but i was not lucky...

Definitely this is the last time i buy stuff from outside EU, but I wonder if i am entitled to some reimbursement from the TD, who holds the risk in cases like this?
i have sent him an email but no answer yet, perhaps because of the different time zone.

I feel pretty bad right now...

Man, sorry to hear that brother. How much is the "administrative" fee they are trying to charge you?

CPTony

2/10/11
the admin fee is about 50 eur, not too much...
however i am more afraid of a possible escalation, which shouldn't be the case.
Hope the TD will try to share the loss with me...

Pyer

Renowned Member
9/10/10
Sorry to hear that ! Where are you located ? And who was the dealer ?

CPTony

2/10/11
sorry but i prefer not to share many details at the moment.

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
I hate hearing stories like this. To lose the watches is bad enough, to pay an admin fee for the pleasure just takes the piss! Where are you located Tony?

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
If your dealer pays you a portion of this type of cost, you should consider yourself one lucky guy, IMHO.

I can't imagine why a dealer would do such a thing, but what do I know?

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Some of the dealers do offer a reship/refund on a customs seizure, depending on circumstances. Not sure off hand which ones offer it but worth the op chasing up on just to see.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
This sucks big time! You lose the watches and you pay a fee also??? To be honest i would be really mad...

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
They took your watches and they want you to pay them too? Thats bullsh@@t. What jerks.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I'd respond thusly:
"Admin fee for what? I didn't order anything from overseas. What was it I supposedly bought anyway? Watches!?!? I don't even wear a watch!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonding time

Looking Around
16/5/12
I'd respond thusly:
"Admin fee for what? I didn't order anything from overseas. What was it I supposedly bought anyway? Watches!?!? I don't even wear a watch!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or the old standby: WHAT? THEY ARE PHONIES?

justlounging

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/10
sorry to hear about this..it always suck..

woah wait..so you have to pay them an administrative fee and then you get back your parcel or you wont get them back at all?

if you pay them and get them back, maybe you can see if the TD is willing to split the admin fee with you..

if you dont get the parcel back, then no point paying the fee..just downright deny it..