• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

damn, i got caught!

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Guys, i think it's pretty obvious that not all the European countries are part of the European Community. There are no customs check only for its members.
Therefore UK customs is not going to change and customs check will happen in the following:

Iceland
Norway
Switzerland
Serbia
Montenegro
Croatia
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Macedonia
Albania
Andorra
Belarus
Moldova
Monaco
San Marino
Liechtenstein
Vatican City
Russia
Ukraine

That changes the whole problem indeed... But then, the triangular shipment through EU is somewhat useless, kind of waste of money.

CPTony

2/10/11
That changes the whole problem indeed... But then, the triangular shipment through EU is somewhat useless, kind of waste of money.

I thought that a shipment from UK could get less attention than one from China, but...Yeah, this is the lesson learned.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
It made sense. But when you see how difficult it is even to get a parcel from Norway to Germany without taxes or customs control, I can imagine your case.
Bad luck, but all eventually went "pretty well" :)

cratedroppers

12/9/11
Anyone else find the Damn I got caught and the fact his name is CPTony funny or am I just immature? ..... Yeah probably the last option :biglaugh:

CPTony

2/10/11
Anyone else find the Damn I got caught and the fact his name is CPTony funny or am I just immature? ..... Yeah probably the last option :biglaugh:

Taxi-Driver2.jpg

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
The TD has offered me a full refund, i told him that also half of it is good for me.
So (almost) an happy ending...

so.. without reading the whole thread, who is that wonderful TD? Deserve some good reputation added.

eastfields

Known Member
9/4/12
just read this whole thing guys and thought i would ask a question. i have been told to ask the dealer/seller to put "gift" on the parcel as this reduces the customs seizure risk. any comments. eastfields.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
The OP lives in Switzerland - I'd bet. They are very diligent about finding reps no matter what country they came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ferris

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/12
I had one shipped to Switzerland two months ago, triangle via UK though. My dealer declared it as a watch with a 25 $ value ;)

Oline8992

31/3/21
I have got a letter from the customs, my 2 watches were confiscated and I need to pay an administrative fee ASAP...f**k!!!
I have bought them from a well-known TD here and picked a triangulation shipment in order to avoid any troubles but i was not lucky...

Definitely this is the last time i buy stuff from outside EU, but I wonder if i am entitled to some reimbursement from the TD, who holds the risk in cases like this?
i have sent him an email but no answer yet, perhaps because of the different time zone.

I feel pretty bad right now...

So what happened with the letter from Customs? Did you pay or what?
​​​​​​

Oline8992

31/3/21
The OP might not remember the details, as this occurred nearly a decade ago.

I would for sure remember it if it didnt end well :p It would be great to hear if the watch was simply destroyed or if there were more serious actions applied.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I would for sure remember it if it didnt end well :p It would be great to hear if the watch was simply destroyed or if there were more serious actions applied.

Yeah, I expect they remember. I was really just taking the piss out of you for resurrecting a 10 year old thread.

If a rep watch gets seized by customs, it's going to get destroyed. And the buyer's best tactic is to avoid any communications with the authorities, other than to deny any knowledge of the shipment.

Last edited:

Oline8992

31/3/21
Yeah, I expect they remember. I was really just taking the piss out of you for resurrecting a 10 year old thread.

If a rep watch gets seized by customs, it's going to get destroyed. And the buyer's best tactic is to avoid any communications with the authorities, other than to deny any knowledge of the shipment.

Yea I See, still it would be great to see what happend to this guy :p

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Old timey threads

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk