• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

damn, i got caught!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I'm still trying to figure out the "same quality watches for $50" statement.
I've been on the forums for many years and have seen dozens of guys go to Asia with names, locations, and knowledge of rep watches and not once have any of them been able to buy a high end rep for a significantly lower price than through a TD. Most never even gained access to the higher-end reps.
So if you know average business travelers who go to Asia and buy the same quality reps for $50, I'd sure like a name and contact info because I could help fund his trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crossbones

I'm Pretty Popular
3/6/10
Note to self: don't do business with Dr.Duct

OP, this is part of the game we play. It sucks but the risk is on you. I assume the dealer you bought from has this policy clearly explained on their website.

Ignore the letter, eat the loss and move on. You are buying replica goods here.

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/12
Lol, I knew the responses would pour. Board wakers, put down your sticks. The world is not coming to an end because I told the guy a right he could exercise. Im not telling him to go armagedon like you all are doing. Im saying that if I have worked with a TD, purchased several watches, had them seized by customs and exercised every other option (Contact the board, Contact the seller, etc.) than that would likely be my option. I have had a good understanding with a seller before purchasing something as I have done the research before purchasing so I won't have this issue, but you can't sit here and tell me that the TD shouldn't do something to help aid the situation... Offer some sort of refund, discount, replacement, something.. Christ. If I were a trusted dealer I would offer to at least refund any profit I made on the watch.. No one is at a loss, everyone is given a compromise.

I had a buddy of mine that was originally from China and when he would go back home to visit, would purchase all kinds of stuff. The last time he went he came back with two rolex reps that he said he paid around $50 USD for each. If people are offering to give half off and others are offering to send replacements, than it shows their is a decent profit margin that something can be done other than for a lacker of a better way to put it, telling the buyer to go get bent in a nice way.

I understand the passion of protecting the boards, buyers and TD all at the same time but christ, some of you need to chillax a little. Anytime someone "steps out of line" it turns completely hostile. Though this is the first time I have ever had someone attempt to give me a lashing, Ive seen it multiple times in my short existence on here. Everyone has their hand in the cookie jar on this board, the only way to keep momma out of the kitchen is to work together and take turns at the cookie jar. When people (including TD) start saying screw the system and not working together it makes for sour experiences like this. I don't like the OP is out of line one bit expecting someone should work with a little. I certainly don't think asking someone to split a customs fee of a few bucks is hardly asking for anything, but like others have said... I wouldn't pay that fee and would just deny the knowing of the contents. What? They're fake?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hey hang on, I just remember the true nature of the sad tale in the OP.

Dr. Duct, are you telling me that you would take out a PP dispute against a dealer because the watch you tried to illegally import got nabbed by customs? How the hell is that their fault?

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/12
Im not playing internet games. Read my post man. Clearly stated that 1. I don't have this issue because I select carefully with whom I do business. 2. I said that if the TD wasn't willing to work with anyone including the board admins, then most likely yes. Once again, I select with whom I do business and know what I'm getting myself in to first.

I just made a purchase for 3 TD's in order to get one watch because though I was told they were in stock, none were. It took me over 3 months to get the watch after paying 3 separate times and waiting for 2 refunds. When I paid for 7 day shipping and received it 2-3 weeks later, I bit the nail and didn't say a word. During none of these transactions did I escalate a thing to a mod or payment system, So do me a favor and don't twist the lyrics to a different tune.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
"Though this is the first time I have ever had someone attempt to give me a lashing, I've seen it multiple times in my short existence on here." (Punctuation added.)

Lashings are not dispensed casually on this forum, I assure you.

I have nearly 5,000 posts here with nary a mark on by back.

A PP dispute? Because some counterfeit goods were seized by authorities? Seriously?

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
Oh ffs - who wants to run a book on this bloke lasting?

CPTony

2/10/11
The TD has offered me a full refund, i told him that also half of it is good for me.
So (almost) an happy ending...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hey, I am not "man" to you and please don't get short with me. You clearly said "Im sorry, with that kind of money... im filing a paypal claim." What am I to take that to mean?

CPT: Good to hear mate, that's a result.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The TD has offered me a full refund, i told him that also half of it is good for me.
So (almost) an happy ending...

8101d1316262478-move-along.jpg

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
Dr
Other than your lack of knowledge on dealer margins you seem like a reasonable and intelligent guy
The reason we jumped on your back was because although paypal allows buyer disputes this and the other forums prohibit them in these circumstances
We all suffer when TD's lose PayPal privileges
Your consumer rights are not exactly the same when buying illegal goods

Glad to hear this ended well and cptony was taken care of!

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
Good for you its sorted and a nice gesture of you to offer him to keep half. Sounds like a dealer I would do business with again if I where you.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Im sorry, with that kind of money... im filing a paypal claim. There is no way that these dealers arent making good money per watch to play with the risk that they take. Ive seen people traveling to asia that purchase the same quality watches for $50. If this guy cant work something with you in order to atleast help you out a little id go straight to paypal. Tell them you have a tracking # and it wasnt delivered. Hopefully you didnt select "service". If you paid with a cc thab call them and dispute. When they see overseas they often time give a quick refund.

I would also post the td as well so we know who to buy from and who to not..

Thanks, very usefull.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Wait, you asked for a transshipment through the UK, and your watch was seized ? Something I can't understand.
That should not happen within EU.

Every trusted dealer has a policy regarding customs seizure, it's wise to read their conditions before ordering, as we're all likely to have goods seized once.

Sora

Renowned Member
18/5/12
that is what many of us are wondering as well.. triangle shipping and customs checked???

agfa421

Known Member
29/11/11
I repeat my question: in which country where the watches seized??? Within the EU there are no customs checks.
I hope the UK customs policy is not going to change...

CPTony

2/10/11
Guys, i think it's pretty obvious that not all the European countries are part of the European Community. There are no customs check only for its members.
Therefore UK customs is not going to change and customs check will happen in the following:

Iceland
Norway
Switzerland
Serbia
Montenegro
Croatia
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Macedonia
Albania
Andorra
Belarus
Moldova
Monaco
San Marino
Liechtenstein
Vatican City
Russia
Ukraine

Craig88

Renowned Member
25/8/11
If the TD has no terms about shipping and clearly states that the responsibility is on the buyers side then there is nothing you can do other than hope he is decent and sorts you out. If he doesn't then that is your loss and most likely his due to lost future sales from you. Filing a complaint against that type of dealer would be very stupid and inappropriate.

If on the other hand the dealer has it written in his terms and conditions that he guarantees customs and decides not too then I would advise bringing it up with mods first. Chances are he will reimburse you for your payment. If the threat from mods doesn't work then your last resort would be pp dispute but that would be an extreme only after all other channels have failed. Even then I would not raise anything about it being a rep watch.