• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

damn, i got caught!

waddster

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
Yea, I would think this is something that you don't pay as it is an admission of guilt. Deny, Deny, Deny I thought was the policy. Seems like if you admit to this offense then the genuine watch maker might come after you. It will be interesting to see what the right thing to do is. I'll follow this thread as I want to know what to do in this circumstance. Good luck with everything.

CPTony

2/10/11
Quick update: the TD did not want to share part of my loss or offered a partial refund. "as this is your country customs the risk is on you", i understand the point and he is entitled to do that although my order was for almost 650 bucks so i was expecting some sort of favour as this was not the first purchase from him.
Definitely i won't go back to him again in my life...
The letter from the customs is saying that if i don't pay they will pass my details to Rolex for further action, honestly i don't think i want to take also this risk and i'll do what they are asking.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Quick update: the TD did not want to share part of my loss or offered a partial refund. "as this is your country customs the risk is on you", i understand the point and he is entitled to do that although my order was for almost 650 bucks so i was expecting some sort of favour as this was not the first purchase from him.
Definitely i won't go back to him again in my life...

Bah. If it's a trusted dealer, I wouldn't have that attitude. It's like saying "if I eat laxative from another company, I won't get diarrhea." I'm not saying this will happen every time, but this is one of those times when it did. Maybe next time just order 1 watch instead, chose a different for of shipment...

The letter from the customs is saying that if i don't pay they will pass my details to Rolex for further action, honestly i don't think i want to take also this risk and i'll do what they are asking.

Sounds like extortion to me. Deny it, let it go....

waddster

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
It sounds like they need you to admit it by paying in order to send anything to Rolex as a confirmation that you indeed knew of watch details. I would ask administration for some sort of clarification before I would do anything. They probably know what the right thing to do is. I would hate to see you lose watches, pay them money/fees and then it turns out that now they have a case against you. Just my 2cents!

Craig88

Renowned Member
25/8/11
That really sucks. Such a big order and it goes south. I agree with you on changing your dealer. Some of the better TD's have policies and will always help out when shit hits the fan.

There is no way for them to prove it is you that ordered the watch so I wouldn't pay the fine. Unless they open a full on case and get legal grounds for finding out your paypal/credit card history they could never prove it. So find yourself a different dealer and relax.

Kutio

20/10/10
Sh*t happens every now and then. I've got some dark knight somewhere confiscating/stealing my watches related purchases from US only.
I've got over $1000 lost all coming from US - all rep watch related items from the forums.
Also about $400 worth of straps (absolutely no custom risks). Obviously some C0cksucker in the US postage route is targeting my packages and stealing them. So he/she knows they are reps and I won't kick up a huge stink, and stealing them.

So I would say you have it lucky!

agfa421

Known Member
29/11/11
who is the "TD"???
I will kick him off my list, too.

in which country were the watches seized?

korneevy

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/12/10
I had exact same situation once but my loss was of one watch to the value of 300$. The Dealer (one of the big ones not trusted here...) was very courteous and offered a 50% off the next order, which I thought was very good of him. Needless to say, he is still my go-to person when I am looking for my next rep..but from what I hear this is rather an exception to the rule and mostly TDs see customs seizures as buyer's responsibility.

Pyer

Renowned Member
9/10/10
I have bought them from a well-known TD here and picked a triangulation shipment in order to avoid any troubles but i was not lucky...

That's the think that bother me the most !

Did the package was caught in the triangulation country (Or after ? ) ? Was it uk ?

ChrisKibbleDJ

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/12/11
This thing happened to me, and the next day I received a tracking number for my replacement that arrived in 4 days from china to UK, that's why Toro is the man!

agfa421

Known Member
29/11/11
This thing happened to me, and the next day I received a tracking number for my replacement that arrived in 4 days from china to UK, that's why Toro is the man!

great customer service by Toro! will consider buying next time from him!

grejyedi

29/12/11
Agfa - i used to used Agfa films. bet I can guess which country.

Did the package was caught in the triangulation country (Or after ? ) ? Was it uk ?

Must have been after the UK as presumably it is addressed in the Uk to the person who does the triangulation.

I didn't know they searched inter EU parcels

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/12
Im sorry, with that kind of money... im filing a paypal claim. There is no way that these dealers arent making good money per watch to play with the risk that they take. Ive seen people traveling to asia that purchase the same quality watches for $50. If this guy cant work something with you in order to atleast help you out a little id go straight to paypal. Tell them you have a tracking # and it wasnt delivered. Hopefully you didnt select "service". If you paid with a cc thab call them and dispute. When they see overseas they often time give a quick refund.

I would also post the td as well so we know who to buy from and who to not..

CPTony

2/10/11
Im sorry, with that kind of money... im filing a paypal claim. There is no way that these dealers arent making good money per watch to play with the risk that they take. Ive seen people traveling to asia that purchase the same quality watches for $50. If this guy cant work something with you in order to atleast help you out a little id go straight to paypal. Tell them you have a tracking # and it wasnt delivered. Hopefully you didnt select "service". If you paid with a cc thab call them and dispute. When they see overseas they often time give a quick refund.

I don't want to go for this option yet and I am giving the TD the possibility to find a sort of compromise since I read that few TDs offer some sort of compensation.
I will reveal the name only if i don't succeed.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
Well, mr duct - you are lucky I'm not a mod, or you'd be banned.

And as for not naming TD, I don't see how we can give advice, good luck

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09

File a PP dispute? :facepalm:

What dealer will sell to you now? :thinking:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If you file a PP claim on a trusted dealer without speaking to the mods/admin first you will be banned from every watch fora there is and get a blacklist from all the trusted dealers.

If you are not happy with the performance of a trusted dealer you came to us and we sort it out. Why do you think they are called trusted dealers?

You think you can get the same watches any cheaper in Asia? Go on then, be my guest.

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
PayPal dispute will likely get u banned from the forums
Sorry for your loss, hopefully the TD will come through, make sure you are communicating directly with them and not his/her minion
I would straight ask for half off a replacement order or something along those lines so they understand what you expect/ would accept as fair resolution

Hopefully no need for a PayPal dispute

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
File a PP dispute? :facepalm:

What dealer will sell to you now? :thinking:

Good point Q5?
You do know that most of the dealers will see this thread, yes?
I doubt any who do along with any member who does is going to sell you any damn thing mate. I certainly wouldn't after that little outburst.