damn, i got caught!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, i got caught!

I have got a letter from the customs, my 2 watches were confiscated and I need to pay an administrative fee ASAP...f**k!!!
    I have bought them from a well-known TD here and picked a triangulation shipment in order to avoid any troubles but i was not lucky...

Definitely this is the last time i buy stuff from outside EU, but I wonder if i am entitled to some reimbursement from the TD, who holds the risk in cases like this?
    i have sent him an email but no answer yet, perhaps because of the different time zone.

I feel pretty bad right now...

leave it pal..don't get yourself into trouble..sometimes shit happens

Comment

Generally risk is on the buyer, however some dealers might be nice enough to offer you some compensation or replacement.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Comment

How do they customs officials know they are reps?

Comment

Originally posted by CPTony, post: 1017181
          I have got a letter from the customs, my 2 watches were confiscated and I need to pay an administrative fee ASAP...f**k!!!
          I have bought them from a well-known TD here and picked a triangulation shipment in order to avoid any troubles but i was not lucky...

Definitely this is the last time i buy stuff from outside EU, but I wonder if i am entitled to some reimbursement from the TD, who holds the risk in cases like this?
          i have sent him an email but no answer yet, perhaps because of the different time zone.

I feel pretty bad right now...
          Man, sorry to hear that brother. How much is the "administrative" fee they are trying to charge you?

Comment

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.
            [/URL

Comment

the admin fee is about 50 eur, not too much...
              however i am more afraid of a possible escalation, which shouldn't be the case.
              Hope the TD will try to share the loss with me...

Comment

Sorry to hear that ! Where are you located ? And who was the dealer ?

Comment

sorry but i prefer not to share many details at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by mike 8, post: 1017206
                    Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.
                    +1

Comment

I hate hearing stories like this. To lose the watches is bad enough, to pay an admin fee for the pleasure just takes the piss! Where are you located Tony?
                      If you could choose one characteristic to get you through life choose a sense of humour.

Comment

If your dealer pays you a portion of this type of cost, you should consider yourself one lucky guy, IMHO.

I can't imagine why a dealer would do such a thing, but what do I know?
                        "First you have to think what this hobby means to you. Is it all about deceiving people, being anal about small details... or is it just general "watch love"? I can honestly pick up the latter. Nobody has ever asked if my watches are genuine or not... even Rolexes." By-Tor

"I was going to say that the balls BB posted looked very smooth and shiny, but you've ruined my mood." frigpig

"I know. I'm sorry s e a d going to pay closer aggression to what I'm typing from now on." egroegart

Questions about RWI and its relationship with the cartel? Read this.

Comment

Some of the dealers do offer a reship/refund on a customs seizure, depending on circumstances. Not sure off hand which ones offer it but worth the op chasing up on just to see.

Comment

This sucks big time! You lose the watches and you pay a fee also??? To be honest i would be really mad...

PM Admin to become a SUPPORTER or to Donate and help the forum!!!

Comment

They took your watches and they want you to pay them too? Thats [email protected]@t. What jerks.
                              Nice watch

Comment

Working...
                              X