• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Supplies to the European Union

rigoletto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/12
From the summer, all imports go through customs and VAT is charged.
What worries me is that the import of replicas is banned and the watch can be stopped at customs.
Therefore, my question is to the more experienced.
How to resolve the issue of importing replicas?

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱

rigoletto

24/8/12
Thanks, I read all the posts. But the issue of destroying counterfeits has not been commented on. Some time ago, the customs stopped a no branded penerai look watch case for due to an alleged violation of a registered design. It turned out that Panerai had re-registered a design created in 1939. So the possibilities were to destroy the case at my expense or, if I was against, to invite the representative of Panerai to make his claims, and then if I lost the dispute to bear all the costs of the law case. Of course, I objected and within the given term no one from Panerai answered and my watch case was released. Now, however, the situation is more worrying, because if the watch has the inscription Panerai, I will not be able to prove that it is not a counterfeit. Therefore, I would like to ask if there are TDs that make deliveries from the EU?

Last edited:

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
Thanks, I read all the posts. But the issue of destroying counterfeits has not been commented on. Some time ago, the customs stopped a no branded penerai look watch case for due to an alleged violation of a registered design. It turned out that Panerai had re-registered a design created in 1939. So the possibilities were to destroy the case at my expense or, if I was against, to invite the representative of Panerai to make his claims, and then if I lost the dispute to bear all the costs of the law case. Of course, I objected and within the given term no one from Panerai answered and my watch case was released. Now, however, the situation is more worrying, because if the watch has the inscription Panerai, I will not be able to prove that it is not a counterfeit. Therefore, I would like to ask if there are TDs that make deliveries from the EU?

fuck, you have been a member of this forum for 10 years, you have 23 messages to your credit, you write in private asking for information and not even thank you, on the contrary you dissolve in the shadows from where you appeared. and nevertheless ask useless questions and inquire about information that has been blatantly discussed and re-discussed about RWI?
Bah

Last edited:
Reactions: Itto

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
fuck, you have been a member of this forum for 10 years, you have 23 messages to your credit, you write in private asking for information and not even thank you, on the contrary you dissolve in the shadows from where you appeared. and nevertheless ask useless questions and inquire about information that has been blatantly discussed and re-discussed about RWI?
Bah

I totally like your dramaturgical "dissolve in the shadows from where you appeared" :)
But you're right - i also recently got some members asking me for infos in private and never received a "thanks". Seems to be the times we live in, idk.

To the OP: TD's will find ways to deliver. I can say that not one package from a TD has been opened/confiscated after July. They are doing everything to prevent that from happening. M2M shippings however have been opened but i was lucky so far.

Reactions: Björn_Ironside

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
I totally like your dramaturgical "dissolve in the shadows from where you appeared" :)
But you're right - i also recently got some members asking me for infos in private and never received a "thanks". Seems to be the times we live in, idk.

To the OP: TD's will find ways to deliver. I can say that not one package from a TD has been opened/confiscated after July. They are doing everything to prevent that from happening. M2M shippings however have been opened but i was lucky so far.

lol

you're right man, we live in very bad times, but he is yet another user who writes privately or asks questions for his own purposes, without ever really contributing to the community.

Reactions: Itto

Markangel

I'm Pretty Popular
3/4/19
EU
Much adoe about Nothing. There are not more controls since July.

It really depends on your location. I'm in Cyprus and every single package I've received this year from outside the EU has been opened. I had a DSSD confiscated (from Trusty).

Reactions: JayBee0815

rigoletto

24/8/12
Bjorn is right. I'm not sharing anything at this point because I have nothing to share. When I buy my first replica, I promise to give it a detailed review. However, if you are more observant, you will notice that in my above post I shared an experience from Bulgarian customs.
So the members of the forum can learn how the customs services act in case of suspicion of a violation of a registered design and how can deal with such a problem.
JayBee0815 the legislation in all Member States is the same

Markangel

I'm Pretty Popular
3/4/19
EU
Bjorn is right. I'm not sharing anything at this point because I have nothing to share. When I buy my first replica, I promise to give it a detailed review. However, if you are more observant, you will notice that in my above post I shared an experience from Bulgarian customs.
So the members of the forum can learn how the customs services act in case of suspicion of a violation of a registered design and how can deal with such a problem.

The legislation is the same, by definition. It's the application of that legislation that differs.

Reactions: rigoletto

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe

The legislation is the same but every state acts different to fulfill the legislation. Here in Germany - and in many other EU-Countries too according to our fellow members - the VAT is collected by the postal companies and not by the customs themselfs. The postal companies dont open the parcels, so there is no higher risk of a seizure.

And btw - if you order from a TD you have a kind of "insurance" against seizure. More problems arise in the M2M-Trade. But that is a different thing.

jacquy

26/9/18
The legislation is the same but every state acts different to fulfill the legislation. Here in Germany - and in many other EU-Countries too according to our fellow members - the VAT is collected by the postal companies and not by the customs themselfs. The postal companies dont open the parcels, so there is no higher risk of a seizure.

And btw - if you order from a TD you have a kind of "insurance" against seizure. More problems arise in the M2M-Trade. But that is a different thing.

I don't think this is correct. I have received several packages outside the EU, the postal service asks you to pay the import charges. And when payment is made, they say the package still has to go through customs. This is even more vicious, because now you have to pay in advance for a package that may be seized.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I don't think this is correct. I have received several packages outside the EU, the postal service asks you to pay the import charges. And when payment is made, they say the package still has to go through customs. This is even more vicious, because now you have to pay in advance for a package that may be seized.

In which country do you life? I can only repeat the German system for the standard carrier DHL/Deutsche Post. Before July the packages are first checked by the customs and then they go either to you or to the local customs office. In the last case everything is lost. Since July there is the third option, that the packages got to a local post office after the import check by the customs, where you have to pay the VAT plus a certain handling fee. Lets say it like this: The customs control the packages at the import, every "suspicious" shipping goes to the local customs office and every "non suspicious" shipping goes either to you or (if there is any VAT to pay) to the postal office. But in both cases of "non suspicious" packages there is no risk of seizure or whatever. This risk you have only with the "suspicious" packages.

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
The legislation is the same. Only difference: the exemption limit for VAT has been lowered to effectively €5 goods value (VAT under €1 will not be collected).
So far there are a couple of ways to deal with it:
For private persons: You need to fill out a lengtly form at the post ofice and pay extra.
Most chinese vendors and freight forwarders have set up a IOSS Accounts and pay VAT in advance. Meaning: Most (if not all) TDs declare your package at low value and pay the VAT in advance.

ALL PACKAGES GO THROUGH CUSTOMS! However customs cannot inspect all of them as the sheer volume is enormous. Just realax and be comfortable with paying 5 euro more...

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany

I made the same experience like JayBee0815 described (Germany): Two packages from outside EU had to be picked up at the local post office, where I had to pay for the import charges. At this point both packages had already passed through customs, before they were being forwarded to the local post office.

Reactions: JayBee0815

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I made the same experience like JayBee0815 described (Germany): Two packages from outside EU had to be picked up at the local post office, where I had to pay for the import charges. At this point both packages had already passed through customs, before they were being forwarded to the local post office.

To put it numbers:
- 100% of the TD-shippings from UK passed the customs, 50% where delivered to me (IOSS and mistakes from the customs) and 50% where delivered to the local post office (VAT).
- 100% from the M2M-Shippings from UK passed the customs and where delivered to the local post office (VAT).
- 100% of the TD-Shippings from China passed the customs and where delivered to me (I dont know the mechanism 4px uses, but there is no VAT for this shippings)
- 50% of the M2M-Shippings from other European countries outside the EU where delivered to the the local post office (VAT) and 50% (in words one ;-)) shipping from Switzerland was seized and destroyed by the customs.

The lessons: TD-Shipping is ok, if they use Triangle via UK or 4px. M2M from UK is still a risk but that has nothing to do with the VAT-System but with Brexit. M2M from other countries is a risky game and I renounce of these deals - not because of the VAT-System but because of the high control density from the German customs - this includes(!) TD-Shippings via PostNL, which are technically direct shipments from China.

p.s.: As I said before - this is only referring to the conditions in Germany. In other EU-Countries this might be completely different.