• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Closed

vice2234

Looking Around
3/10/21
Just tried to purchase a VSF replica from Andrew. He was unable to fulfil the order because the factory is currently closed. I didn’t probe any further, but thought I would pass the information on. I’m guessing a lot of you may be waiting on VSF replicas.

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
IMHO VSF will be closed permanently and a new factory of similar quality will happen as the rep factories always evolve based on demand for a high quality rep watches.

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
NO sign of VSF resuming business.
Most likely some former employees might try to revive exisiting connections and form something new in the future. Time will tell.

Reactions: John Abel

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
There is now VVSF and Fake Noob, Fake Clean etc.
reps of reps.
Not exactly. Don't be misled by the name. They know what we want (the best replicas). They know what to do. These names are just in agreement with the logical jokes of "reps of reps".

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
Local rep dealers in my city use the term NOOB as "swiss quality" fake.... which is still below the quality of what dealers in this forum offer and it cost more. Fake NOOB is something that I read in reddit BST which I don't understand.

Luca12604

Horology Curious
5/10/21
Do these raids/factory closures happen often?

New to the rep game and just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
Probably they (those behind the raids) knew that and played with that. Knowing it's a faking industry, as the established and recognized fake sources disappear, others will try to fake them. There is one thing, though. the rep state of the art has been improving vastly over the years. This is because there is a market of educated and picky buyers wanting quality. This they cannot change. Current rep's reps may not be as good as it used to, but what I'm sure of is that they will get better again.

Reactions: Hesekiel and cap923

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

New to the rep game and just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's usually around two or three small raids a year targeting a few factories. This one we're in right now is the biggest one to date and there is no end in sight.

Reactions: Luca12604

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Glad I was able to get my Submariner 126610LN 41mm 904L SS/SS Blk VSF VS3235 before the shit happened.

Same here. Glad I got my 126610 LN as well from them. I love the movement and the 72-hour power reserve. The fact that they're gone and most likely not to return makes me want to hold on to mine that much more as much as I would typically flip it as the wrist time decreases.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Just goes to show, "waiting for the next version" hoping it's better may cost you the best avail rep at the moment. These factories open and close and some never re open. Buy what you like when it's avail instead of "waiting" for something better.

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
They used to happen regularly (raids, not closures) but (from my indirect knowledge) it was basically for cops officers to get a "bonus"...
This time it has been the fashion word: unprecedented. Driven by Big R. Imo, they don't care (much) about reps. There will always be and consumers of gens and reps are different worlds. But it reached a point where they faked everything (warranty cards, receipts, etc.). The complete scammers kit. That can not only take a Big R's customer, it also makes someone angry with Big R. Imo, the (top) rep industry can survive if doesn't cross that red line.

Last edited: