• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Scratching that itch while we wait on the sidelines...

Rocky Mountain Region

Patron
29/6/16
I love ALL watches. Sometimes you just need something shiny to brighten your day.

Have you made any interesting watch purchases during this drought? Not just reps, but anything interesting?

Here is an example. This showed up in my FB feed and after some research I picked this one up used for 200 USD. This is a reproduction of a Chinese People’s Liberation Army commissioned chronograph made by the original (?) Tianjin Watch Factory. We all know about Sea Gull movements and probably own one or two powering some of our lower end reps. The history of this ‘Sea Gull 1963’ is tied to the creation of some of the earliest Chinese manufactured watch movements.

I just think it looks cool and works remarkably well for what I paid for it.

3-A606-C1-D-8216-474-D-90-A9-E3-A952-F1-A0-D0.jpg
787-A9-A1-E-2589-4871-BC05-19-DC9-B4299-BE.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocky Mountain Region

Patron
29/6/16
Here’s another watch I picked up while waiting on the sidelines. Not a rep but a cool Benrus reissue.
DD3-C4-E8-A-4205-48-AF-82-DA-E31-A37-D5796-B.jpg

Reactions: Hor-Fan

watchchris

7/7/06
Conus
Nice build quality, great fit and finish.

I hope to see more homage watches out of China. I think it is fantastic to get a classic design for an affordable price.

Plus, the size is just right. So many dive watches are too big to wear as an every day piece.

Last edited:

kb_secret

Looking Around
29/5/12
I've just ordered several from Bliger - unbranded homages - will see how it goes.

I'm capable of repairing the movements if there's an issue so it's mostly about getting the cosmetics right.

Rocky Mountain Region

Patron
29/6/16
I've just ordered several from Bliger - unbranded homages - will see how it goes.

I'm capable of repairing the movements if there's an issue so it's mostly about getting the cosmetics right.

Look forward to seeing some pictures!

Rocky Mountain Region

Patron
29/6/16
I don’t know how this brand alluded my radar. It’s on it now! I’ve just started reading up on it. The Doxa 300 and 300T (still trying to understand the major differences between the two), compared to other obsessions, are priced such that going gen is not entirely out of the question.

That said, if the Seestern is as good as they say (or even just decent), along with those beautiful dials from manodeoro (I particularly like the orange aqualung!) I think this could be my next purchase!

Thank you (all) for positing!