• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

For all the Daytona Fans here . . .

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Brilliant detective work as always. But… what happens now? The watch is still listed on Christie’s site. Does it mean that the sale will go ahead, and this Franken will be bought by some unsuspecting wealthy punter who doesn’t happen to read these Perezcope articles? In a way, I suppose it just serves them right if they do - they can go and do expensive battle with Christie’s once someone lets them know. God knows lawyers can always do with the work, poor things.

Reactions: Hesekiel and d4v3

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
That truly is excellent detective work and presented quite clearly and in an indisputable matter. It will be interesting to see if potential bidders will have this info (and if they are professional collectors and horologists they should. Shame on them if they don't) and will submit their bids accordingly. Might be quite a surprise when the bids that Christie's was expecting come in hundreds of thousands of dollars less than expected. And rightly so.

Great post also, Good read. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Reactions: easy_beaching

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
Very good read, thank you for posting this. I'm amazed they were able to find the original and would like to have read that story as well.