• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is the best upgrades to get waterproofed?

kvuaria

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
4/9/21
Hi all -
Maybe this has been discussed already but like to know if anyone out there did an upgrades for their reps to be waterproofed? better seals? gen crowns? gen backcast? etc? Thanks.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Greasing gaskets, check if the crystal is fully pressed down, check if your crown is screwing down fully and tighten up the caseback. This should do the trick for all day things and a quick jump in the pool. Some people go diving with theyre reps, this depens also on the model if its tight or not.

​​​​​​

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Pick a model with a screw down crown. Most high end diver and sports model replicas will pass pressure test and be good for swimming out of the box. Best is to pressure test it before swimming or have a watchsmith pressure test it. Generally there's no specific parts to swap in unless something has failed.

Reactions: c_hall100

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Immerse the entire watch in a bowl of hot wax. Then when it cools, scrape it off the crystal so you can see the time. When you've finished swimming or playing in the hot tub or deep sea diving, pop the watch in the microwave for a minute and the wax melts right off.

kvuaria

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
4/9/21
interesting concept with the wax..

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
Pretty much every rep I own that has a screw down crown I swim in, and so far so good

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
My LMPO always stayed dry at the pool a couple other that i have tried eventually leaked and get corrosion so its a nono for me, nowadays my casio dives deep with me with zero problems and planning to get a gen pelagos

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Mainly screw down casebacks/crowns watches with their gaskets greased will pass water resistance tests. Pushed down crowns watches like Panerais too. As said above, high end reps are proper watches with good WR properties, if correctly built.

Now for instance if crystals are not properly installed, with wrong gasket, or o-rings are dry or the wrong size/thickness, water can pass through. That's why a bit of greasing and a WR test by a watchsmith (or yourself if you know what you're doing) brings a real peace of mind.

Forget about waterproofing chronos, too many ways for water to sneak in.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited: