• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So much has changed in the past 17 years…

Tony6239

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/19
It’s hard to believe it was 17 years ago I purchased my first rep which was a poor one from the net. Then I got lucky and stumbled on to a site written in Japanese selling EE 6263s… This was the predecessor to DW 62XX watches soon after that I found the old RWI forum with BK transformers, MBW 1680s, and later spinmaster modded Daytona’s.

These were the days of wonder when you read endlessly about different bespoke modded watches.

Remember spending entire Saturday evenings reading about different projects and the latest and best Rolex reps.

Maybe it’s just I’m 17 years older but somehow I miss those early days of wonder and excitement.

I guess it may come down to the fact most Rolex reps today are basically super reps and need very little modding.

Also back in the day before the Rolex crackdown on parts it was so MUCH cheaper to mod reps with Gen parts.

I remember buying a Gen Rolex 6263 plexi crystal still in the Rolex bag for $99 shipped.. I believe today that would be $500 or better…

Anyhow anyone remember those names? Where did time go??

I still have my DW 62XXs, noob sub, super sea dweller along with many super reps from today!

Last edited:

Allthenamesweretaken

31/7/21
Sounds interesting, how's the watch holding up? Any chance you could post some pics. I recently posted up two older reps that I got from 18+ years ago. One was quite junky and the other is on its way to another member to tinker with.

I'd be very interested in how your watch has held up over the years.

Tony6239

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/19
The DWs are quite amazing reps even today. I was lucky in finding this community early on. Most of the reps I purchased were highly reviewed so I knew what I was getting. One instance was the noob mariner which I purchased with a swiss eta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UmpaHimself

7/6/12
I started back in 2012. I have some very interesting watches I've collected along the way. Kind of strange to see things come and go with fads and different factories. I should post some of my more rare watches one fo these days. Thanks for taking us down memory lane.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher