• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DHgate and Noob factory

mackmook

Horology Curious
18/8/21
Just want to know DHgate sell watches that source from Noob factory.
Does anyone has any experience?

mackmook

Horology Curious
18/8/21
Just out of curiosity
How many different factories in China making rep?
They have different tiers of manufacturing facility

Based on ur feedback
Dhgate is the lowest tier
and noob is top tier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Dhgate is the lowest tier
and noob is top tier?
DHGate isn't a factory - it's a marketplace, like Amazon but with even fewer trustworthy sellers. Sellers on DHGate source the watches they sell from a number of nameless factories churning out cheap replica watches, and some sellers sell reasonably decent rep watches too. It's a minefield, because there are so many sellers popping up then disappearing again, often selling crap or overpriced reps, and you'll need knowledge (and luck) to minimise the chance of being ripped off.

I recommend you spend a lot more time reading around, getting an idea for how things work. This is a useful place to get started:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/new-members-area

And more specific info can be found in this sub-section:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq

And until you understand the whole hobby a bit more, stick with Trusted Dealers. They can get you any watch that's available from a reputable factory.

Reactions: Plaasbaas

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
I would never spend more than $100 on a DHgate watch and only from "established" sellers like jason007 that at least seems to care for his reputation, but still keep in mind you are getting $100 shitters that may last for a month or a couple of years, because of the assembly in God knows which conditions. In engineering terms, uncontrolled production environment equals huge product quality variance.
I got a couple from the gate, decent finish for £60-70, but obviously would be immediately eclipsed by a top rep and the most important to me is that the movement (anonymous 2813) is pure crap. I tried to regulate them, impossible, they have different rates depending if sitting on a desk or worn in a wrist. All movements do actually show that variation, but these, man, are just wild.
If all you want is something shiny on your wrist, that's fine. If you want a watch telling you the time and deviating, say, no more than 10 sec/day (1 min/week is my acceptance threshold) then stay away of the gate.
I have a GMT from the gate and (I assume) because it doesn't use a clone of a clone of a (God knows how many times) DG2813 but probably a genuine DG5833 movement it keeps decent time. The crown feeling is harsh though.

txi881

Looking Around
29/8/21
Since pandemic started, DHGate's watch quality has gone down drastically, I used to purchase $60 to $100 range, but most recent purchased were of terrible qualities. There are a few quality decent factories, but they either ceased production or sellers are using fake stickers....the quality of everything from designer leather wallets, to Rolexs have gone to shit. I would not be purchasing again

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Marklar

Horology Curious
16/3/19
DHGate uses to be a recurrent meme around. It's a no-brainer to go with TDs.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
I have mostly good experiences with DHgate, you can try out watches at low price points.

Now I know what kind of quality shops offer and I know ow I want more, so I go to our TDs

mackmook

Horology Curious
18/8/21
Thanks folks
I think I need to educate myself to look at a quality rep vs normal rep
I think the photos advertised on gate is not the piece u will receive

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Thanks folks
I think I need to educate myself to look at a quality rep vs normal rep
I think the photos advertised on gate is not the piece u will receive

The main issue that I've experienced is that even though you might find a decent watch to wear as an everyday wearer from ~$80, if the movement fails then it's useless. Some watch-smiths will work on good reps with ETA , Miyota or even clone Rolex movements but they won't bother with 2813 movements which all these cheaper reps use. Spending the extra few dollars on even a lower end rep from a TD is a better long term use of your money.