• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to distress a submariner?

mackmook

Horology Curious
18/8/21
Does anyone know any rwi member can distress a new rep watch to look like a vintage
This includes dial, case, crystal etc
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I think any member could do that for you. They just need to stick it in a box full of nails and rocks and throw it off a cliff, then run it over a few times. That should get it pretty distressed.

Alternatively, let us know where you live (i.e. country - not your full postal address), and then recommendations of a modder you can contact who's based in your part of the world will be possible.

mackmook

Horology Curious
18/8/21
Thanks guys
Country is Australia
I don’t mind to send the watch ww

mackmook

Horology Curious
18/8/21
Country is Australia
Would not mind to send the watch ww

mackmook

Horology Curious
18/8/21
Thanks anyone know if any dealer will stock ageing Tudor sub?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I think any member could do that for you. They just need to stick it in a box full of nails and rocks and throw it off a cliff, then run it over a few times. That should get it pretty distressed.

Alternatively, let us know where you live (i.e. country - not your full postal address), and then recommendations of a modder you can contact who's based in your part of the world will be possible.

Man, this one made my day. Got pictures in my head and am thinking about opening a store, doing this service professionally.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Country is Australia
Would not mind to send the watch ww
I think you'll probably have to - I'm not sure if there are any down under modders (and I don't mean plastic surgeons working in the adult entertainment sector).

Try dropping a message to slay or kilowattore who both do lovely work on vintage Rolex reps.

Thanks anyone know if any dealer will stock ageing Tudor sub?
I haven't seen any pre-vintaged Tudor. Some factories were producing pre-vintaged 6542 GMT-Master and early Subs. These were previously sold by TS-Station but they've closed up shop now. I think the GMT popped up again on JTime and other TDs in pre-aged config. But you'll get a better quality ageing job done by a modder.

mackmook

Horology Curious
18/8/21

Thanks popper
May be I should start a pro mod workshop
All I need is nails, rocks and a cliff
No overhead no expensive equipment
No consumables

Reactions: p0pperini

mackmook

Horology Curious
18/8/21
What did Mack do for you to make such a great compliment?
Thanks

Samabux

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/17
Texas
Contact Mack, tell him what look you’re trying to reproduce with your watch and he’ll do it.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI