• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which factory has the best replica Tag Heuer Monaco?

TrueParf

Horology Curious
As title says. I'm aware that there are no really good replicas of the Tag Heuer Monaco, which I don't really mind. Which factory makes the best one though? Also, where can I get the watch from that factory from a trusted dealer? If anyone has bought a replica in the past I would love to see photos!

Thanks! :)

TrueParf

TrueParf

Horology Curious
I think I'll get this one from Trusty Time: https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_214&products_id=5981
It's cheap, (which I like) and I'm aware that the difference between this and the real watches are quite easy to notice. The main identifier being that this one has a 24 hour marker in place of the seconds hand.
Can anyone provide some insight into it's ability to keep time? As long as it can keep time and looks like a Monaco, I'm happy.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
It has a quartz movement so it will keep better time than any replica mechanical movement.

Go to the Tag-Heuer sub-forum and enter, Monaco quartz, in the search box within that sub-forum. Look for post on the one available from DHGate available with the Seiko VK quartz movement. Read the review and then decide.

All the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: jlctznwrld

jlctznwrld

10/9/21
South Florida
As title says. I'm aware that there are no really good replicas of the Tag Heuer Monaco, which I don't really mind. Which factory makes the best one though? Also, where can I get the watch from that factory from a trusted dealer? If anyone has bought a replica in the past I would love to see photos!

Thanks! :)

TrueParf

Did you ever end up find/buying something you like?

sishac

Known Member
5/2/07
I have one of the quartz reps and overall the biggest issue that I have with it is that it is a bit too thick compared to the gen. Yes, the dial is not right, but it is very attractive.

I have seen them on AliExpress with the proper case configuration (crown on the left side, pushers on the right) for the Caliber 12 watch. They have both version. For the $150ish, I would try it because I like the facet that it mimics what Steve McQueen wore in LeMans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: jlctznwrld

jlctznwrld

10/9/21
South Florida
I have one of the quartz reps and overall the biggest issue that I have with it is that it is a bit too thick compared to the gen. Yes, the dial is not right, but it is very attractive.

I have seen them on AliExpress with the proper case configuration (crown on the left side, pushers on the right) for the Caliber 12 watch. They have both version. For the $150ish, I would try it because I like the facet that it mimics what Steve McQueen wore in LeMans.

Thanks, this is helpful!

sishac

Known Member
5/2/07
Here is a picture of the watch I have….it is a very attractive watch…personally I think it is a tad too thick compared to the gen, and of course there is the dial issue…I’ve only seen one in the wild and it was nice enough to make me think about buying one…they are less than $5K in the preowned market…but I would want the one with the crown on the left of the dial.

82107c63c058c6fba9260e08fbcd5a71.jpg

63ac39ae42c854ec87103681ca6c1415.jpg

bb76db4ab930321331e32b3e311eb0bd.jpg