• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What's the biggest hint (for you) that you are wearing a replica, and not a gen?

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
It's strange, because these details do not amount to much.

I am very new to this hobby as well and when I started out, I only had one goal and that is to build franken Hulk that would be as close to the gen as possible. I have the gen which was given to me by my commander-in-chief but no matter how I tried, the value attached to that gift would always be more intimate than the rep (even if somehow one I day I would lose my mind and install a $4k gen dial). Having said that, the camaraderie and friendship I built through this hobby have also brought new meanings to the rep watches that I own today. Each one of them has a different story to tell and perhaps, at the end of the day, we can look at it that way rather than just wonky datewheels and bracelets.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I have this rep and gen pair. Literally there is no difference between them except one costs $7K and other cost $350.
13fd755e57673a25a443178910e5ebc6.jpg

Reactions: bastianbeat

hm11esh

4/9/18
i dress like a scruff most times but rock my gens and reps. I couldn't care less if people judge and assume the watch is a rep. Its none of their business what I do with my money. You dont always have to have a flashy car and dress well to have a nice watch. different priorities, i rather have nice watches than a nice car that depreciates in value