Customer Rights with TD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Rights with TD?

Hi All, I purchased a watch from Pure Time in November 2020, it was delivered in January but then there was a mechanical hence I sent it back; since then the factory (UBF) was raid and Pure Time has recommending me to take other watches which do not meet my expectation. Given these disappointment, I have asked them for a refund however they said I can only get 50% - which in my view I can't see logically why I should be responsible for any cost due to the fault of their watch (I even paid the shipping for them).

So I am hoping to push for a refund hence curious whether you think this is a good idea. If so, any advice / legal ground I can base on? (I don't think I will exercise anything but at least good to know as a negotiation), Thanks in advance!

Best,
    Jonathan

You do understand that this entire industry is utterly illegal, don't you? And the reason for the factory shutdowns, TD arrests and disruption to business is because it's utterly illegal. So no, you really don't have any "legal ground" for demanding a refund.

What you should have done is send the watch to someone local, or on the forum, to get it fixed, and talked to PT about a credit note for the cost of the repairs. Sending it back to China is a risk, one way or another, and having refused PT's offers to resolve the issue with a replacement, you want a full refund for a secondhand watch. It's unsurprising they've turned that down. Buying reps isn't like buying on Amazon, and occasionally you'll end up out of pocket and with a little more experience of how it works, and how it can go wrong.
    FrankenSubs! - Subs! - Daytonas! - Seamasters! - A 1675 Adventure - A Budget 6538 build - Tudors! (COMING SOON!)

Comment

If you buy tea leaves instead of marihuana from your local dealer, and he only refunds you 50%, do you go to the police for claiming the other 50%?

Idiots all around the world, and every morning another one plugs his cable to the internet...

Comment

Originally posted by derjenigewelcher View Post
        If you buy tea leaves instead of marihuana from your local dealer, and he only refunds you 50%, do you go to the police for claiming the other 50%?

Idiots all around the world, and every morning another one plugs his cable to the internet...
        Except if it's Lyons Gold Blend, then you may not need the police as it's even steven between it and marijuana
        Last edited by P..DR..D; 16-07-21, 17:15.
        "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get"

Nerds Assemble - Tissot Trip - Breitling Break - Pams Photo Parade

Comment

Note to others: Never send a watch back to China for “repair”. Chances are it can be fixed for £50 via a forum watchmaker in your continent.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

I already heared there are some crazy folks up there on the isles...

Comment

Originally posted by derjenigewelcher View Post
              I already heared there are some crazy folks up there on the isles...
              Heard similar re the Swiss, crazy makes for a good night Sir
              "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get"

Nerds Assemble - Tissot Trip - Breitling Break - Pams Photo Parade

Comment

The title of This thread is definitely lol funny. It’s even funnier after you read the posts. I always picture users being all flustered, saying “this is preposterous. I’ve never experienced anything like this at target or Amazon” type reactions.

Like they wander into the rep world expecting it to be like what they think shopping at an AD is like.

Sadly, for the casual users, a one off purchase can result in negative experience. That is - people who only buy one watch and done might end up in a less than desirable situation compounded by a few questionable decisions.

Honestly though if puretime is offering 1/2 (and I’m absolutely amazed they are based on what I’ve read) - take it and be thankful it is not a total loss.

Or try again with a 2nd watch but approach the situation with all you’ve learned from this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread must be a joke
                  "What's the biggest tell in a rep?"
                  "You!"

Comment

My wish list:
                    Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

Originally posted by P..DR..D View Post

Except if it's Lyons Gold Blend, then you may not need the police as it's even steven between it and marijuana
                      Ah here, you can't compare that muck to good ganj, this is where it's at!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Comment

Rights? HA!

You’re acting like there’s a section in the Bill of Rights in the USA about “Dealing with thy illegal friendly Chinese Watch Dealer”.

Comment

Working...
                        X