• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help on Tudor vintage sub?

demize!

Horology Curious
4/8/10
Hey guys, I ordered a blue dial, red date, vintage Tudor Submariner from Trusty Time. He's telling me the factory has no bracelets for this watch. I inquired as if I can just get the watch head as I have a Jubilee I can use. But, he's saying the price will be the same. Should I do it or try another seller? I understand they may all originate from the same factory so I dont know. Not sure why they cant just use a bracelet from another sub. Any input would be appreciated.

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
Hell no, don't do that. They charge nearly $200 for the damn bracelets from some TDs
IMHO half watch half price. Like there not being any bracelets is your fault. These TDs are starting to get out of line. It's like they're forgetting that they're providing a service, not half of one.

I'd reach out to another TD and see if they can source, first. But, I certainly wouldn't pay full price for half product. SMFH

As each passing day I only hear and experience TD services getting worse and worse.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: snorky1

demize!

Horology Curious
4/8/10
Yeah your 100% right. I appreciate the kick in the ass. I already messaged another dealer so we'll see.

Reactions: DryRun

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Try M - Marvellous Replica. He's my go-to for cartel vintage models because a) he's cheaper than everyone else for both the watches and shipping and b) he always seems to be able to get them when other TDs can't.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...17-1665-series

Note that the vintage Tudors are always the higher of his offer prices because they only supply them with a high beat 2836 movement.

And yes, I know the link is a thread from 2016, but the offer is still valid - my most recent order from M was only a couple of months ago.

Last edited:

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
Try M - Marvellous Replica. He's my go-to for cartel vintage models because a) he's cheaper than everyone else for both the watches and shipping and b) he always seems to be able to get them when other TDs can't.

Note that the vintage Tudors are always the higher of his offer prices because they only supply them with a high beat 2836 movement.

And yes, I know the link is a thread from 2016, but the offer is still valid - my most recent order from M was only a couple of months ago.

Agreed. He’s helped me out with certain pieces and parts. He’s awesome. Give him a shout.

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
LOL, really ?

That looks exactly like the sort of post you read on reddit.
Believe what you want. They lied to me on several occasions trying to sell me busted watches, so I really don't want to hear it.

This is the exact response I expected to get as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: snorky1

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Believe what you want. They lied to me on several occasions trying to sell me busted watches, so I really don't want to hear it.

This is the exact response I expected to get as well.

Yup, confirmed, you have an account on reddit.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
You've confirmed nothing

Dry those tears little soldier, sleep tight, don't let the TDs bite.

demize!

Horology Curious
4/8/10

Awesome just sent him a whatsapp. Thanks for the recommendation.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Well I requested a refund and it was granted. However he's saying 14 to 21 days until my bank clears the return funds. This sounds excessively long?

Never requested a refund from a TD, So I can't offer any direct input on this. It probably has to do in part with all of the raids that have been happening and the fact that they have to lay low. Were you able to locate Someone who can source the entire watch or at least charge you less for just the head? Personally even if you don't plan to use the bracelet I would not accept one without. They are significantly more expensive vs straps as was said above.

demize!

Horology Curious
4/8/10
Never requested a refund from a TD, So I can't offer any direct input on this. It probably has to do in part with all of the raids that have been happening and the fact that they have to lay low. Were you able to locate Someone who can source the entire watch or at least charge you less for just the head? Personally even if you don't plan to use the bracelet I would not accept one without. They are significantly more expensive vs straps as was said above.

I whatsapped the recommend seller upthread and am waiting for a response. I see Hont has them, but he never responded to my contact.