• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In your opinion, which rep is closest to original

RCI2950

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/5/21
Gelana Shitnerand
Which one, whatever details you want to share was the closest replica to the original that you have seen or whatever. Inside and out. I'm generally curious to have one that's really close. Be it Panerai, Breitling, whatever.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
May influence future buying decisions so gonna see how this one pans out ;)

Reactions: Akilles

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I have been doing a lot of obsessing online trying to decide my daily driver. Which led me to wonder.

Do you have a brand you prefer?
Or size / style?
What takes your fancy visually, thats the first step imo.

RCI2950

31/5/21
Gelana Shitnerand
Do you have a brand you prefer?
Or size / style?
What takes your fancy visually, thats the first step imo.

I prefer a metal bracelet. Also prefer stainless steel case, Because worn gold plating looks terrible sometimes. I mostly gravitate towards basic dial colors like white, black or silver.

Generally something that would have the potential to turn into "dads watch" to one of my kids after im gone and continue to be serviceable.

Last edited:

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Maybe an AP or a Patek?
Or a Rolex Sub?

The AP has a cool metal bracelet, same for the Patek.
The Sub is well, a Sub :thumbsup:

All depends on personal choice though, so many options, and at the end your money Sir, and you're the one who has to look at it ;)

Reactions: JayBee0815

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
whatever you choose, ill recommend to look at the Trusty Dealer section (here in RWI) first and follow their sites from here, there are a lot of scam sites on the web.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I'd rather buy an affordable and good looking Seiko, Certina, Tissot, entry level Longines or whatever brand that's known to do quality watches instead if you're hoping/planning to leave it for a child. A rep will always be a rep, even if it's a good one..

Last edited:

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Agree with the above, try looking at something like a used Longines or Bremont. They are really well made and used not much more than some high tier reps.

Xtra-Crispy

13/6/21
I agree as well... I wouldn't leave a rep for my sons. I have 3 sons (2 already own gen Rolexes). I have a full spectrum of gen watches - Rolex down to G Shock. For the money, take a look at Steinhart. I have their Ocean One GMT 'Pepsi' on jubilee bracelet. For the money, it's an excellent watch. I've had it for a few years now and it's a solidly built divers watch - it's been in many pools and oceans with no problems.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Yeesh 5 grand for a 2892 based watch.

Oh god it HURTS

Agreed but used they are sub 2k and it's a lot of watch for that money. Also the 2892 is, in my opinion, a fantastic movement. Mine is 4yrs old and loses 2 seconds per week.
20210401-143102.jpg

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I agree as well... I wouldn't leave a rep for my sons. I have 3 sons (2 already own gen Rolexes). I have a full spectrum of gen watches - Rolex down to G Shock. For the money, take a look at Steinhart. I have their Ocean One GMT 'Pepsi' on jubilee bracelet. For the money, it's an excellent watch. I've had it for a few years now and it's a solidly built divers watch - it's been in many pools and oceans with no problems.

Agreed. The steinhart is absolutely gorgeous. Had one for about a year and the only reason I dont still have it is because my sibling took a fancy to it it, so c'est la vie, gotta pick your battles :p

Alot of bang for your buck, outside of reps, for <€1k.

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Looking for a legacy to move on, I'd just save every penny and invest on a GEN... Personally I have 4 gens and a few reps and the difference (not only in the looks but the overall build and quality) is just unmeasurable.

Going forward, to reply exactly to your question, I'd start from this link: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...sion/308081-consensual-list-super-reps-nwbigs

Then I'd do my research (list last update is on Feb) on what is still out there and try to order some pieces, use them and abuse them to see how much they will last.

BUT, I'd never pass on a rep to my kids. I'd rather help them grow good enough to earn their own buck and get their own gens (of course after having passed my gens to them lol)

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Regarding what’s closest to original, Read that NWBIG (not worth buying in gen) list and pick anyone you like.

If I were you, I’d Get yourself a rep AP or Patek....I.e. Something most of us probably can’t get in real life (unless you’re stupid enough to pay well over retail).

Don’t see the point in spending 3-5k on those over priced “budget” gen watches mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Uhr70

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
Regarding what’s closest to original, Read that NWBIG (not worth buying in gen) list and pick anyone you like.

If I were you, I’d Get yourself a rep AP or Patek....I.e. Something most of us probably can’t get in real life (unless you’re stupid enough to pay well over retail).

Don’t see the point in spending 3-5k on those over priced “budget” gen watches mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

this actually makes a lot of sense for some of us here, however there’s is interesting statement regarding inheritance to their heirs. I agree on both.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
The idea to buy a 400 US$ Rep as a legacy is nuts - no matter which one ;-)

Lol. I agree mate.

OP didn’t mention legacy in the Opening post, so I assumed he just wants something to wear and enjoy for himself.

If that is the case, why spend £3k on a shitty budget gen when you can enjoy multiple high quality stunning reps for less than than. That’s the whole point of this hobby for me. But each to their own.