• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MyShittyRep (lemons only)

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
LMFO!!! Better start feeding him, he's running a little weak.

If you had a decent movement, I might consider service, but if the service cost more than the movement. Then, I'd just replace the movement all together and not bother with the service. I'd normally say upgrade the movement, but you don't want to do that with this piece. Well, you might, but I wouldn't upgrade, just replace.

Now, I do love that piece for what it is.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

You’re right, getting it serviced would cost more than this thing is worth… shit I think a beer cost more than this did. I believe I bought it for 100 RMB in China.. that’s roughly… $4USD? I think I like it better as a POS anyway! More fun this way Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DryRun

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
You’re right, getting it serviced would cost more than this thing is worth… shit I think a beer cost more than this did. I believe I bought it for 100 RMB in China.. that’s roughly… $4USD? I think I like it better as a POS anyway! More fun this way Haha.

A beer costs more!! LMAO, I love it.

I can be a brain teaser trying to keep up with the time. I kind of like the idea of replacing the movement for like $40 and keeping the watch as a beater, you don't have to worry about being careful with it.

Now, it's not great, but it's great looking for $4. Probably, the best looking $4 watch I've ever seen. Hell, it's better than my NYS

I used to work with a girl that only wore watches for looks and I found that out the hard way one day. She feel asleep at her desk and I noticed that her watch battery was dead and the watch was on upside-down; I could read the time perfectly from standing in front of her desk while laughing.

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I might be wrong, but the color seems off, the crown guards are way high, the index markers are not correct, the date wheel and date window are poorly done, the bezel is t great and it's misaligned, and there's a healthy SEL gap on the bottom.
Damn. I think I need to do more research before I buy a Sub. Thanks for all the pointers and the photos!

Last edited:

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
the crown guards are way high

Well people, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how it needs to be done IMO.
I mean what's with them tiny CG's anyway? Ain't that a design flaw?
If you want something to guard something, you build it tall and strong!
:legend:

Reactions: DryRun and P..DR..D

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
Well people, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how it needs to be done IMO.
I mean what's with them tiny CG's anyway? Ain't that a design flaw?
If you want something to guard something, you build it tall and strong!
:legend:

How it should be done in a technical sense, one would think. But, the way it is done, no, unless it's a PAM or something similar. I kinda thought the same thing because with this design it leaves the crown fairly open, I'm guessing usability really suffers.

LMAO if you want to guard something...that made me laugh.

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
2dca5f62f077edea37132dba6a3d674b.jpg

I might be being a little unfair on this one… maybe it’s NOT a lemon. But I got this from a non TD for $247 and at glance… eh seems nice and shiny enough. But for the price I paid I’m just waiting to see if it dissolves in water or something.

Details seem to be “there” but just not as sharp as a good rep?
362ee2682a68469d7bba1db42c36605c.jpg

3699a3a1573a401ab195a8eb0aeb2657.jpg

Critical input encouraged!

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Here's a couple of my early purchases before joining the forums.... Fantasy datejust and a Milgauss with a green milky crystal so horrible I couldn't get a decent head on shot when I used to own it. Both have long since departed from my collection.

IMG_20160325_212856632a9350e55d16dd.jpg

IMG_20170131_2010277eb091f22524c08e.jpg

IMG_20160325_212759-smalle5f6b2c6d486531d.jpg

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18
My first rep was a rolex datejust bought from a local dealer in my city, paid 575$ and thought got a great deal. The watch was a pure DH gate shitter and had a 2813 inside, not worth more than 100 bucks.

jznrTt.jpg

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
My first replica.. ex girlfriend bought it for me.. weeks latter i found out it was not real when i went into an AD store flashing the watch like if i was DA MAN! and the seller spit on my face.
I left the bitch.

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
Anyways... we are living in desperate times ... im sure if we try to sell all the watches on this thread ... they would sell in minutes.

Xtra-Crispy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/21
The guy who sold it to me said it was one of a kind.....he was right. no gen to compare it with so people would have to believe me when i said it was real.

That’s a funny. He certainly was right - it’s definitely ‘one of a kind’. You have to keep that one forever!

Reactions: DryRun and kavorca1

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Here are my three worst watch buys before joining RWI. All three were bought in 2011

The Breitling Chronomat was a "daily wear" till 2020. The quality was pretty good but I paid $1200USD for the "Best Swiss". The JLC is a fantasy version. The name is printed on the inside of the crystal. The PAM is the worst. The model name MARINA is spelled wrong. I don't remember what I paid for the JLC and the PAM. I bought all three from dealers in Watch City. It was an interesting experience visiting Watch City.

jzsWZo.jpg
jzsaqJ.jpg
jzsiXP.jpg

Last edited:

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I can proudly say that I discovered reps only when I joined RWI and then bought only super reps. I don't buy even regular reps, just super reps and frankens. So, no lemons for me! ????

Reactions: tkingjr