• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Just One More Watch" Youtube Channel Was Taken Down Due to Replica Videos

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Saw that yeah, least he's back though.

Surely Jenni Elle (& her partner's channel) 'should' get taken down too so, or at least the videos removed.

Her Daytona comparison video went massively viral, know it caused quite a stir here with countless threads.

And I can see some of her video comparisons (gen v rep) are still actually online, so wonder why they targeted this chap as they've broadly similar subscriber numbers (175k v 195k) :eek:hwell:

Last edited:

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
It’s about time this kind of videos/ channels start taken down.

Rep scene don’t need this kind of attention, it’s all bad.

Agreed.

He, and all the others, did it for clicks/subscribers,

under the guise of 'protecting the consumer by highlighting the differences',

with the disclaimer of 'they are 100% against the sale and supply of counterfeit watches'

to try skirt the fairly simple YouTube Policy,

but at the same time using a click bait content title like 'this fake watch is scarily good!'

They knew exactly what they were doing, they're not idiots, they just tried to circumvent the rules.

They did the videos, they got hammered, now I just hope they've learned from it, not only for their own sakes, but more importantly, ours ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JayBee0815

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Agreed.

He, and all the others, did it for clicks/subscribers, under the guise of 'protecting the consumer by highlighting the differences', with the disclaimer of 'they are 100% against the sale and supply of counterfeit watches' to try skirt the fairly simple YouTube Policy, but using a click bait content title like 'this fake watch is scarily good'.

They knew exactly what they were doing.

They did the videos, they got hammered, now I just hope they've learned from it, not only for their own sakes, but more importantly, ours ;)

Whatchfinder has or have had taken down all the gen vs fake videos. I remember he was one of this who started all with this videos.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Cool, I hope they go through them all so and that the bloggers take this as a serious warning shot across their bows.

Ironically I see that Jenni Elle has a couple still online :eek:hwell:

Guess itll be a busy week for the Youtube algorithm :helpdesk:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Whatchfinder has or have had taken down all the gen vs fake videos. I remember he was one of this who started all with this videos.

Interesting, I wasn't aware they'd taken them down. IIRC their Daytona comparison was probably one of the first big "exposés" of how close to gen the fakes were getting.

I've got mixed feelings about the videos. On the one hand, there's the desire to keep the rep industry from getting too much exposure and unwanted attention, as is being expressed in this thread. On the other hand, the videos always make me feel big and clever for choosing to go rep rather than gen.

Keylog74

14/6/13
the videos always make me feel big and clever for choosing to go rep rather than gen.

I agree with this to some degree and especially when it comes to modern pieces. Most modern watches from the major popular brand are just bringing out watches with no true innovation just to feed
a market of newly rich people who truly have this desire to ''show off'' wealth. From an innovation standpoint watch industry hasn't brought much to the table lately, this why rep has become so good I think

Vintage watch collecting though it's a completely different story though and no rep territory. There are some watches no really worth spending the asked price (Rolex, Omega, Cartier, and some others)

Hublot used to be on the list too but lately, the new mechanical movements have become more complex and refined which makes and this takes the appeal for the rep away from me.

If I can get a rep who also has repped the movement of gen brand in no way I'm buying it genuine, (there'll also list the 324sc Patek even though the balance wheel/bridge bugs the hell out of me)

Reactions: DryRun

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Think it was Reddit or actually TikTok? TikTok has been bringing a ton of awareness as of late, sadly.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I scroll thru my TT FEED guessing factories lol. Sad for the industry that it’s getting negative exposure. The larger social media platforms do bring most of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
He said 'counter feet'. Several times.

I had to turn him off, like many 'YoUtUBerS' he gets confused between making an informative video and having multiple orgasms from the sound of his own voice.

DryRun

Known Member
23/4/21
I scroll thru my TT FEED guessing factories lol. Sad for the industry that it’s getting negative exposure. The larger social media platforms do bring most of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol me too, lots of DHgate shitters out there that people think they're geniuses for finding, too. It's all too often that I laugh and say to myself "these idiots really think they've got something". ????????????

Like this one for instance: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMd9Coo8T/

People do absolutely zero research of the products that they're buying, too. "If it was a real Rolex, it'd probably have something on the back, here".

Not to mention, I seriously doubt that came with the box for $59. Quartz movement, cheddar cheese ????, busted ice looking garbage ????️

Now, for a $59 piece, I'm somewhat impressed just by the looks of the case and bracelet.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrkawasaki

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Agreed.

He, and all the others, did it for clicks/subscribers,

under the guise of 'protecting the consumer by highlighting the differences',

with the disclaimer of 'they are 100% against the sale and supply of counterfeit watches'

to try skirt the fairly simple YouTube Policy,

but at the same time using a click bait content title like 'this fake watch is scarily good!'

They knew exactly what they were doing, they're not idiots, they just tried to circumvent the rules.

I don't agree with taking anything down. A reason YouTube sucks ass..... Yet, I love that it has such a huge amount of content. :idontno:people can think of whatever reason why videos should be "Banned", feelings hurt? Affecting market share? Hardly. I get that YouTube can do whatever it wants as a business. It has lots of power. The guy made the point, he put all his eggs in one basket. Indeed he did. There's No way I'd rely on YouTube as an income source for this reason. Even if you have a mass of supporters, subscribers, followers. One flip of the peverbial switch, and it doesn't matter.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
He said 'counter feet'. Several times.

I had to turn him off, like many 'YoUtUBerS' he gets confused between making an informative video and having multiple orgasms from the sound of his own voice.

You should listen to Tim at Watchbox reviews then. He can say about 40 informative words in less than 5 seconds without taking a single breath :)

Reactions: P..DR..D and DryRun

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I don't agree with taking anything down. A reason YouTube sucks ass..... Yet, I love that it has such a huge amount of content. :idontno:people can think of whatever reason why videos should be "Banned", feelings hurt? Affecting market share? Hardly. I get that YouTube can do whatever it wants as a business. It has lots of power. The guy made the point, he put all his eggs in one basket. Indeed he did. There's No way I'd rely on YouTube as an income source for this reason. Even if you have a mass of supporters, subscribers, followers. One flip of the peverbial switch, and it doesn't matter.

But the channels are monetizing content, on YouTubes platform, and getting paid, so imho, it's Youtubes rules if ya wanna play in their Sandbox. The Channels/Bloggers all agreed that when they joined, am sure there was about 50 pages of t&c's.

Kinda similar to here, there are things that can be done and things that can't, and if ya step out of line, boom, and YouTube have a very big hammer ;)

But I think they were doing what they knew would get clicks, and fell foul of the powers/rules/alogoritms.

I do believe there has to be some rules though.
For example, do you think someone/anyone should be able to use someone else's music for example, or any Intellectual property for that matter, without permission, or avoid paying a royalty?

Imagine if you created something, a song, catchy jingle etc. I suspect you'd like some protection for that & that's what YouTube have to at least be 'seen to do'.

I suspect this was a shot across the bows, but the irony is we are debating this on a 'replica' watch forum :spit:

And, while it may suck, if it's a choice between whipping these videos/channels down or continuing to get our shiny new reps, I know which choice I'd make :thumbsup:

Reactions: Akilles and DryRun

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
"........ do you think someone/anyone should be able to use someone else's music for example, or any Intellectual property for that matter, without permission, or avoid paying a royalty?"

Hell yeah. :laughing:
jZsbOj.jpg

My disdain of Hollywood is strong. :yes:

Sadly, those artists that came up with those tunes no longer own the rights to it. The big corporations, Sony, viacom, etc do. I honestly don't care if some little guy is "Stealing" from their supposed revenue. I get your point though.
Again, YouTube can do what it wants. The smart folks will avoid "Putting all their eggs in their basket".

Last edited:
Reactions: DryRun and P..DR..D

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I strongly believe Omega is more sensitive than all the others combined ...