• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Timepiece Gentleman. Scam??

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
Pr play 100%

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

If its a PR play they should immediately fire their VP of PR (assuming they have one). This is a disaster for the brand (if it will ever even exist again) and a disaster for their personal and business reputations. I mean, would YOU do business with these guys in the future?

(Hint: If the answer is "Yes" you're an idiot.)

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D and jiro

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
If its a PR play they should immediately fire their VP of PR (assuming they have one). This is a disaster for the brand (if it will ever even exist again) and a disaster for their personal and business reputations. I mean, would YOU do business with these guys in the future?

(Hint: If the answer is "Yes" you're an idiot.)

100% agree.
Mike is probably their VP of PR, a spreadsheet told him this was a good move :p:p

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Lmao mate. Why wouldnt i be surprised if he actually was the PR.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I'm calling bullshit, they have seen this as a way to save face. We are not dumbcunts, we're marketing genius'

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Saw that yeah, mental altogether.
I await in anticipation with popcorn and my chequebook ready to send him some money......not.

Should swing by, pick a watch and go awol with it

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Should swing by, pick a watch and go awol with it

Not surprisingly theres alot more dislikes on the video, versus thumbs up (compared to their previous videos), but the internet is fickle at the best of times, so by the time it airs will be curious to see the ratio.

And then to see all the watchbloggers/youtubers reactions.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Wonder which moron came up with this brilliant idea.....

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Many here will have cognitive dissonance after today. It’s easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they were fooled. Question everything you see online, your sources are controlled.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

I saw that yeah, and in fairness, kinda have to say credit where it's due, they played the internet/ social media like an instrument, to their, and only their, tune.

While I may not agree with all of it (promoting their brand at the different charities for one) for the most part, I don't think people can deny it seemed to work as they intended - brand awareness & exposure (some negative of course, but they don't seem to care, and people have short memories)

Once they stay away from RWI, I'm all good with whatever they're at :p

Last edited:
Reactions: jiro and p0pperini