• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Timepiece Gentleman. Scam??

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
most fun part was Anthony blaming others for fucking up the spreadsheet, when the main problem is the fucking excel spreadsheet. No one keeps track of sales in that amateur way lolol

100%

Coupled with the little mini-tantrum at the end of #24, that he'd be 'better on his own'..... I'd say even the cameraman was cringing at that.

Genuinely curious as to what happened though, and if it was a stunt how on earth someone /anyone could feel confident consigning their watch with them ever again.

Separate to a deal (where you pay cash and get a watch, nice and simple, we've all dealt with people we may not want to) but handing over your watch (or watches), on "trust", nope, can't see how they can rebuild that, after the overnight radio silence, imo.

Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stuvetjee

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
100%

Coupled with the little mini-tantrum at the end of #24, that he'd be 'better on his own'..... I'd say even the cameraman was cringing at that.

Genuinely curious as to what happened though, and if it was a stunt how on earth someone /anyone could feel confident consigning their watch with them ever again.

Separate to a deal (where you pay cash and get a watch, nice and simple, we've all dealt with people we may not want to) but handing over your watch (or watches), on "trust", nope, can't see how they can rebuild that, after the overnight radio silence, imo.

Time will tell I guess.

On the same boat with you.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Maybe I'm just a cynic, but I am utterly astounded by the ongoing support for these guys by most posters on this thread. The willingness to see the best in them when the evidence seems to point in the opposite direction is utterly bewildering to me.

I'd be with ya too Sir, and don't get me wrong, I'm not giving them any support, just the benefit of the doubt, for the time being, and reserving final judgement/ condemnation, innocent until proven guilty & all that jazz :D.

Maybe that's easy for me, since am on the outside looking in, haven't tied up any money with them, but for those who do, must absolutely suck to have this uncertainty hanging over them the last day or so. To think people paid $2k, to be part of a group, to refurbish their shop was at the time just baffling to me, but that was their decision to make, none of my business.

I'm also a cynic at the best of times, but I also don't want to jump to conclusions, until all the facts are fully established.

I also saw on the call that Nico said if he's stolen 1 single cent, he'd be very one leading the manhunt for him, but doesn't wanna tar/feather them, just yet ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Stuvetjee

nddub007

Horology Curious
2/6/17
My gut feeling is this was all a setup. They’d been talking about rebranding and opening a store. They did some lame teasing on their last episode and with the to be continued… then didn’t put out an episode and the next week all this comes up? People have been seeing them around town and there hasn’t been any real reports of people missing money or watches. Aside from the radio silence, there isn’t really proof of anything criminal here. For all we know, they reached out to all their partners before and said this was coming. I am sure that is how they will spin it too. “All our people knew what was going on and social media just ran with a narrative”. Either way, I think this has all back fired and the more they continue to stay silent, the more it will leave a bad taste for people when they do come clean. These guys are made for reality TV, not the watch community, IMO.

On the flip, it’s possible something happened and they’re keeping quite to save face. Being a convicted felon and people knowing Anthony can’t roll strapped, I’m kinda surprised someone hasn’t tried these dudes yet. Dallas doesn’t fuck around and people won’t hesitate here to make you get on your knees for a $20k+ watch.

Time will tell, but if I’m being honest. I hope their time in the industry is up. A lot of people that have been in the watch community in the Dallas area have all seemed to have shitty experience’s, mainly with Anthony.

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
Anthony hired a criminal defense lawyer to represent him.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Seemingly a 'rebranding', if the latest rumours are to be believed.

https://youtu.be/5Vm_L7FZ8p
Guess all will become clear tomorrow with a big reveal at some stage :eek:hwell:

Good luck rebuilding their image now, but for all we know what'll probably happen is he'll be hailed a 'genius' and get more subscribers / clients.

I personally wouldnt trust him/them with 1c, but the world is absolutely mental :headdesk:

Last edited:

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Seemingly a 'rebranding', if the latest rumours are to be believed.

https://youtu.be/5Vm_L7FZ8p
Guess all will become clear tomorrow with a big reveal at some stage :eek:hwell:

Good luck rebuilding their image now, but for all we know what'll probably happen is he'll be hailed a 'genius' and get more subscribers / clients.

I personally wouldnt trust him/them with 1c, but the world is absolutely mental :headdesk:

Video not available anymore....what was it about?

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Video not available anymore....what was it about?

But I see it on Oisins channel still?

https://youtu.be/5Vm_L7FZ8p8

Working for me?
jD0Lv3.jpg

Basically, Oisin (Timeless Watch Channel) saying that it was all about rebranding and that some of the big watch guys had gotten texts from Anthiny saying 'dont worry' all is grand, "just wait", announcement incoming.

But that he was actually "p!ssed" as makes a mockery of his profession and that he was actually hoping, albeit wrong, that it was the worst case scenario (a heist/kidnapping/scam etc) but that this is actually so much worse, because it's like what the actual Fk, who does this guy think he is, messing with their customers and partners, and industry like that.

If it's a marketing ploy, am missing the punchline, truly.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayBee0815

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

The whole point of that video, imo, was so that at 2:20, for some randomer (seemingly their 'lawyer') to hail them as master marketeers, and to go one further and call them geniuses too in the next sentence, and to reiterate that its the naysayers that are just jealous and propagating the lies against them.

No words, honestly.

Reactions: jiro

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Yes, now it works! Not sure why it didn't work for me before...newayz, thx!!

Cool,

Its the usual Oisin though, hes having a drink, in this case a steak too, and having a rant :cool:

Could be all boll0x, at this point, I've no idea what's going on, only sharing as I usually find his videos informative and entertaining, so could be some truth to it.

Guess we shall all see tomorrow at some point.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I’m not sure I understand who you all think was wronged here enough to soil any reputation. There is one poorly attributed consignment document floating around. Given that the majority of their inventory is on consignment, that doesn’t seem to be problematic.

As far as the premium members, they don’t seem concerned, I’ve seen the board...no pitch forks...

Do you think that anyone else is entitled to anything more here? If so, tell me who should get what and why. I don’t get it.

Also, I find all the hate ironic. People who hate the guy but quote every episode while posting about how you’d never buy an OVERPRICED, grey market watch from him...on a rep site...you know...That just seems...ironic.

Reactions: Heme

Rusty_Shackleford

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/21
Here’s an archived copy of Romans disappeared livestream from yesterday if you’re interested.

https://youtu.be/K95N5lD8vgk

that said a lot of the comments I’m seeing everywhere remind me of Howard Stern.

Howard Stern fans listen on an average of 2 hours a day. Most common reason- we want to see what he says next.

Howard Stern haters listen in an average of 4 hours a day. Most common reason- we want to see what he says next.

lulz