• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Timepiece Gentleman. Scam??

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Roman, eric, paul, adrian and nico were livestreaming on yt.

Roman obviously got texting contact with anthony and several rings on his phone. Seems now they are pulling some sort of stunt.

Anthony and Marco are still together somewhere, even avi called Roman telling him to read anthony text and not tell/cut it from the live. So…

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Watched their live stream as well....felt bad for Roman trying to bring light to the situation.

Whatever the prank or public stunt they're trying to pull off here, I say it is NOT a good one.

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
I'm in Dallas and this is making the rounds on all the local channels. The bottom line presumption is that they basically ran the long con skipped town with the proceeds. Given the background of some of the persons involved this may (or may not) have been forseeable. What usually trips these scams up is when they try to liquidate inventory down the line. Some where they will make a mistake and get caught. Or, as has happened numerous times, the partners involved start squabbling over the proceeds (ie, MONEY) and there is a falling out and they rat on each other.

Or this could all be just a simple misunderstanding, all is well and they will return when they get everything straightened out. But I'm not betting on that outcome.

Reactions: Stuvetjee

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I'm in Dallas and this is making the rounds on all the local channels. The bottom line presumption is that they basically ran the long con skipped town with the proceeds. Given the background of some of the persons involved this may (or may not) have been forseeable. What usually trips these scams up is when they try to liquidate inventory down the line. Some where they will make a mistake and get caught. Or, as has happened numerous times, the partners involved start squabbling over the proceeds (ie, MONEY) and there is a falling out and they rat on each other.

Or this could all be just a simple misunderstanding, all is well and they will return when they get everything straightened out. But I'm not betting on that outcome.

Its fucking crazy mate, it would be so stupid to simply run away when you have this type of status already. Doesn’t make any sense right?

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Am missing the punchline if it is a marketing ploy / stunt.

Watched the 4 way stream too, and the calls from Anthony / Marco during it were odd - just reinforced they were watching, playing games with the 4 guys and the public.

I know the widely accepted general concensus is that no publicity is bad publicity, but this is surely the worst kind of publicity, an overnight disappearance, even if it is a joke, has to be damaging to their credibility as a reputable grey market dealer.

Could be wrong though, all the marketing gurus know best :confused:

Last edited:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
wow....seriously???

that's unreal....

IMG_8169.jpeg

Imagine trying to scratch away the name and logo of your shop from the transparent glass doors and windows, while there's a big ass sign with that same name INSIDE of the shop, and EVERYONE can see it through the glass door :p

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I’m now leaning towards a marketing stunt for a change of office and new name.

We knew they were moving offices and they discussed changing the name to appeal more to the woman’s market, jewellery etc.

If it’s not marketing then I think they’ve just ceased trading but will return all the consigned watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
The amount of money from the “raise” wasn’t enough to skip town. IMO.

Outside of the silence from people who have no obligation to talk (TPG staff), I don’t know who has been wronged in any of this. The original story is from, what... some random news site. Dallas news is running with it in perfect fake news rhythm.

I think this is all incredible, marketing or otherwise. The entire hobby of horological is talking about it. TRF, here, a couple dozen you tubers. It’s almost like the OJ bronco thing. Turns out, lots of people are into this. It’s a kumbaya of sorts.

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Once fame endears itself, it's hard not to lose yourself in the whole game. Anthony was always going to be reality TV material and he is very good at coming up with 'out- of-the-box's ideas.

The only thing that he may not have predicted is the power of human reaction and the ensuing inevitable judgements in the age of social media.

For a social media animal, even he might have totally underestimated the possible reactions...

Reactions: jiro

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
based on the fact they kept calling roman and then hanging up during the live stream tells me they are not in jail but cannot speak on the current circumstances.

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
Its fucking crazy mate, it would be so stupid to simply run away when you have this type of status already. Doesn’t make any sense right?

I dunno' man, I'm just repeating what I've heard locally. Maybe they were getting some heat externally and decided to dash with the cash when they could. No se, jefe.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Only a completely completely stupid person with no sense of reality really believes he/she could jump town and disappear! The real reality in this day and age is that unless you work in the intelligence area or witness protection it is simply near impossible to not be found. Plus they have watches to sell, expensive watches, so unless they were highly connected to the black market, they are very hard to sell especially watches like RM etc.

So my assumption is that they are complete idiots or it’s a marketing ploy. Hahaha

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Oisín O'Malley also gave his 2 Cent ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imswBZGLQAc

Saw that yeah. I think every single watch blogger/youtuber has at this point. The strangest one was the 4 way where Anthony/Marco were calling and not answering.

Guess we shall see what comes out in the wash, I thought I saw mentioned in one of the TPG videos that something was coming this Friday.

Whilst I know he's a satirical character, and hugely exaggerated, I do quite enjoy the Archie Luxury videos at times:spit:

Reactions: JayBee0815

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I would say Anthony has seen everyone speculating that it was maybe a planned hoax, and he's now racking his brain trying to find a way to make it look that way. Everyone looks for complicated reasons. But simple ones normally hold true. They were living big trying to fake it till they make it and there just isn't the money to sustain it with a high cost/ small margin business.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Reactions: micksmith1987

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I doubt it’s a hoax because they’ve ruined their reputation and they’ve been removed from all the dealers lists. The fact that Roman wasn’t answering the calls tells me that he knows exactly what’s going on and that’s pretty shady also. It would be fine if they weren’t messing around with other peoples money and watches. It will be interesting to find out what’s going on. Anthony’s felonies were for two DUI charges where he ran from the cops years ago. Not fraud or whatever the rumours are.

dru

31/8/17
United Kingdom
I have watched all their vids as well as romans and watch erics. For a watch lover its such good viewing. Anthony is such a prick to Marko at times lol but its hard to believe that they or one of them grabbed everything and did a runner. Their faces are too well known now it would be insane to think that they could get away with it. I vote for an out of the box marketing ploy that will most likely go horribly wrong lol

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I have watched all their vids as well as romans and watch erics. For a watch lover its such good viewing. Anthony is such a prick to Marko at times lol but its hard to believe that they or one of them grabbed everything and did a runner. Their faces are too well known now it would be insane to think that they could get away with it. I vote for an out of the box marketing ploy that will most likely go horribly wrong lol

At one side I am with you.

But on the other side, we are all talking about TPG. So are lot of others, that did not know them.
May be good for business?
I dont know.....but just my thoughts in marketing..

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer

Maybe Mike ran off with all the inventory lol. Cannot stand that guy always looked ''busy'' meanwhile fucking everything up.

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Maybe Mike ran off with all the inventory lol. Cannot stand that guy always looked ''busy'' meanwhile fucking everything up.

Agreed.

But a skill in itself at times, appearing busy, collecting pay, delegating blame, see it all the time ;)

Ffs, a colour coded spreadsheet for such a 'successful' business to track inventory, that was his solution, no words for that level of delusion / bluffing.

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Agreed.

But a skill in itself at times, appearing busy, collecting pay, delegating blame, see it all the time ;)

Ffs, a colour coded spreadsheet for such a 'successful' business to track inventory, that was his solution, no words for that level of delusion / bluffing.

most fun part was Anthony blaming others for fucking up the spreadsheet, when the main problem is the fucking excel spreadsheet. No one keeps track of sales in that amateur way lolol