• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Timepiece Gentleman. Scam??

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I’ve watched these guys from the start and enjoy their content.

I don’t believe there is a scam involved. They’ve just been a bit naive in places and struggled with the speed at which their business has grown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Not to worry....Archie is on the case.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AU6R07j93bU

But on a serious note, it's not looking good. I don't see how anything positive can come from this from a public relations standpoint if it is a PR stunt, which I do not believe is the case. Who's going to want to buy a five or six-figure watch from someone who just up and disappears without explanation?

Reactions: Got20Mate

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
damn, thats not good... always watch their vids when they got uploaded. thought it was fun and a new way of approaching yt / watchbiz.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Good friend is a member of the private club.

None of the numbers add up to make them run out of town.

They only “scary” thing is that they removed their social media and only Anthony and Dylan are still admin in the group (the entire staff was a member before)

nddub007

Horology Curious
2/6/17
I definitely think there is more to this story. A friend of mine saw him at Texas Family Fitness(gym in Dallas) a few days ago and he wears an ankle monitor. Don’t think he will be too hard to find. As stated above, I think they got too big for their britches. I met Anthony years ago and he just seemed like a douche, so I’ve never been a fan. I’ve also heard of some shady shit from his past, but I don’t have first hand knowledge of any of that. Either way, not a good look.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Good friend is a member of the private club.

None of the numbers add up to make them run out of town.

They only “scary” thing is that they removed their social media and only Anthony and Dylan are still admin in the group (the entire staff was a member before)

And they aren't saying anything in that private club?

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
mari115 apparently they have only been posting an occasional deal of the day for sports model rolexes with no real comments except that more will be coming.

Posted on a fb group "Seems we might have a case of buy the slick YouTube watch guru before you give them your luxury watch to sell on consignment or cash for investments. According to this article, below, "Dallas Grey Watch Dealer 'The Timepiece Gentleman' Seems to Have Vanished with Millions of Dollars in Consignment Inventory and Funding Money...Located across from The Hotel Crescent Court in Dallas, Texas, today their store seems to have shut down and the lettering on their glass door appears rubbed off as if they were trying to get rid of it. Additionally, their website and Instagram accounts have been closed and no one knows about the whereabouts of Marco Nicolini, Anthony Farrer, Mike Rudin —Operations Manager— and Dylan Robinson —Sales Manager." This Timepiece Gentleman YouTube channel started just 9 months ago."

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I definitely think there is more to this story. A friend of mine saw him at Texas Family Fitness(gym in Dallas) a few days ago and he wears an ankle monitor. Don’t think he will be too hard to find. As stated above, I think they got too big for their britches. I met Anthony years ago and he just seemed like a douche, so I’ve never been a fan. I’ve also heard of some shady shit from his past, but I don’t have first hand knowledge of any of that. Either way, not a good look.

lmao, does it tell time also? :p Yeah i think they simply cannot fund their lifestyle anymore. spending more than selling and getting stuck with consignment pieces.

Reactions: nddub007

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
wow....seriously???

that's unreal....

IMG_8169.jpeg

Xtra-Crispy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/21
Sounds like perfect material for the next episode CNBC's "American Greed" show.

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Roman, eric, paul, adrian and nico were livestreaming on yt.

Roman obviously got texting contact with anthony and several rings on his phone. Seems now they are pulling some sort of stunt.

Anthony and Marco are still together somewhere, even avi called Roman telling him to read anthony text and not tell/cut it from the live. So…

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reactions: P..DR..D

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
But they all said they didnt and dont know what the fucks going on with anthony and marco and that they werent involved in any of this.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk