The Timepiece Gentleman. Scam??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nddub007 View Post
    I definitely think there is more to this story. A friend of mine saw him at Texas Family Fitness(gym in Dallas) a few days ago and he wears an ankle monitor. Don’t think he will be too hard to find. As stated above, I think they got too big for their britches. I met Anthony years ago and he just seemed like a douche, so I’ve never been a fan. I’ve also heard of some shady shit from his past, but I don’t have first hand knowledge of any of that. Either way, not a good look.
    lmao, does it tell time also? Yeah i think they simply cannot fund their lifestyle anymore. spending more than selling and getting stuck with consignment pieces.
    WANTED: HUBLOT BIG BANG 41MM A7750. IF YOU HAVE ONE BITING DUST, PM ME!

Comment

wow....seriously???

that's unreal....

Comment

Sounds like perfect material for the next episode CNBC's "American Greed" show.

Comment

Roman, eric, paul, adrian and nico were livestreaming on yt.

Roman obviously got texting contact with anthony and several rings on his phone. Seems now they are pulling some sort of stunt.

Anthony and Marco are still together somewhere, even avi called Roman telling him to read anthony text and not tell/cut it from the live. So…

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

But they all said they didnt and dont know what the fucks going on with anthony and marco and that they werent involved in any of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuvetjee View Post
              Roman, eric, paul, adrian and nico were livestreaming on yt.

Roman obviously got texting contact with anthony and several rings on his phone. Seems now they are pulling some sort of stunt.

Anthony and Marco are still together somewhere, even avi called Roman telling him to read anthony text and not tell/cut it from the live. So…

Watched their live stream as well....felt bad for Roman trying to bring light to the situation.

Whatever the prank or public stunt they're trying to pull off here, I say it is NOT a good one.

Comment

I'm in Dallas and this is making the rounds on all the local channels. The bottom line presumption is that they basically ran the long con skipped town with the proceeds. Given the background of some of the persons involved this may (or may not) have been forseeable. What usually trips these scams up is when they try to liquidate inventory down the line. Some where they will make a mistake and get caught. Or, as has happened numerous times, the partners involved start squabbling over the proceeds (ie, MONEY) and there is a falling out and they rat on each other.

Or this could all be just a simple misunderstanding, all is well and they will return when they get everything straightened out. But I'm not betting on that outcome.
                Man fears time. Time fears only the Pyramids.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Bourdillion Traherne View Post
                  I'm in Dallas and this is making the rounds on all the local channels. The bottom line presumption is that they basically ran the long con skipped town with the proceeds. Given the background of some of the persons involved this may (or may not) have been forseeable. What usually trips these scams up is when they try to liquidate inventory down the line. Some where they will make a mistake and get caught. Or, as has happened numerous times, the partners involved start squabbling over the proceeds (ie, MONEY) and there is a falling out and they rat on each other.

Or this could all be just a simple misunderstanding, all is well and they will return when they get everything straightened out. But I'm not betting on that outcome.
                  Its fucking crazy mate, it would be so stupid to simply run away when you have this type of status already. Doesn’t make any sense right?

Comment

Am missing the punchline if it is a marketing ploy / stunt.

Watched the 4 way stream too, and the calls from Anthony / Marco during it were odd - just reinforced they were watching, playing games with the 4 guys and the public.

I know the widely accepted general concensus is that no publicity is bad publicity, but this is surely the worst kind of publicity, an overnight disappearance, even if it is a joke, has to be damaging to their credibility as a reputable grey market dealer.

Could be wrong though, all the marketing gurus know best
                    Last edited by P..DR..D; 30-06-21, 17:36.
                    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get"

Nerds Assemble - Tissot Trip - Breitling Break - Pams Photo Parade

Comment

Originally posted by jiro View Post
                      wow....seriously???

that's unreal....

Imagine trying to scratch away the name and logo of your shop from the transparent glass doors and windows, while there's a big ass sign with that same name INSIDE of the shop, and EVERYONE can see it through the glass door
                      "What's the biggest tell in a rep?"
                      "You!"

Comment

I’m now leaning towards a marketing stunt for a change of office and new name.

We knew they were moving offices and they discussed changing the name to appeal more to the woman’s market, jewellery etc.

If it’s not marketing then I think they’ve just ceased trading but will return all the consigned watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The amount of money from the “raise” wasn’t enough to skip town. IMO.

Outside of the silence from people who have no obligation to talk (TPG staff), I don’t know who has been wronged in any of this. The original story is from, what... some random news site. Dallas news is running with it in perfect fake news rhythm.

I think this is all incredible, marketing or otherwise. The entire hobby of horological is talking about it. TRF, here, a couple dozen you tubers. It’s almost like the OJ bronco thing. Turns out, lots of people are into this. It’s a kumbaya of sorts.

Comment

Once fame endears itself, it's hard not to lose yourself in the whole game. Anthony was always going to be reality TV material and he is very good at coming up with 'out- of-the-box's ideas.

The only thing that he may not have predicted is the power of human reaction and the ensuing inevitable judgements in the age of social media.

For a social media animal, even he might have totally underestimated the possible reactions...
                            WTB: VC Overseas Blue

Comment

based on the fact they kept calling roman and then hanging up during the live stream tells me they are not in jail but cannot speak on the current circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuvetjee View Post

Its fucking crazy mate, it would be so stupid to simply run away when you have this type of status already. Doesn’t make any sense right?

I dunno' man, I'm just repeating what I've heard locally. Maybe they were getting some heat externally and decided to dash with the cash when they could. No se, jefe.
                                Man fears time. Time fears only the Pyramids.

Comment

Working...
                                X