The Timepiece Gentleman. Scam??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Timepiece Gentleman. Scam??

I said it before, these dudes just rub me the wrong way. Some people are saying this is all a marketing ploy, which I just don’t get….

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wat...3Nc&format=amp

This is crazy, they had such a good thing going on.

Comment

I’ve watched these guys from the start and enjoy their content.

I don’t believe there is a scam involved. They’ve just been a bit naive in places and struggled with the speed at which their business has grown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky305 View Post
        This is crazy, they had such a good thing going on.
        Well, apparently not that good...

EDIT: Although, having spent a bit more time looking at it, a scam seems unlikely.
        Last edited by p0pperini; 01-07-21, 04:48.
        FrankenSubs! - Subs! - Daytonas! - Seamasters! - A 1675 Adventure - A Budget 6538 build - Tudors! (COMING SOON!)

Comment

Not to worry....Archie is on the case.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AU6R07j93bU

But on a serious note, it's not looking good. I don't see how anything positive can come from this from a public relations standpoint if it is a PR stunt, which I do not believe is the case. Who's going to want to buy a five or six-figure watch from someone who just up and disappears without explanation?

My wish list:
          Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

Bro i watched some of their videos, the guy was fun, i'm just now hearing of this lmao
            "What's the biggest tell in a rep?"
            "You!"

Comment

damn, thats not good... always watch their vids when they got uploaded. thought it was fun and a new way of approaching yt / watchbiz.
              WANTED: HUBLOT BIG BANG 41MM A7750. IF YOU HAVE ONE BITING DUST, PM ME!

Comment

Good friend is a member of the private club.

None of the numbers add up to make them run out of town.

They only “scary” thing is that they removed their social media and only Anthony and Dylan are still admin in the group (the entire staff was a member before)

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibuz...sofWatchStreet
                  WANTED: HUBLOT BIG BANG 41MM A7750. IF YOU HAVE ONE BITING DUST, PM ME!

Comment

I definitely think there is more to this story. A friend of mine saw him at Texas Family Fitness(gym in Dallas) a few days ago and he wears an ankle monitor. Don’t think he will be too hard to find. As stated above, I think they got too big for their britches. I met Anthony years ago and he just seemed like a douche, so I’ve never been a fan. I’ve also heard of some shady shit from his past, but I don’t have first hand knowledge of any of that. Either way, not a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by Ams55557 View Post
                      Good friend is a member of the private club.

None of the numbers add up to make them run out of town.

They only “scary” thing is that they removed their social media and only Anthony and Dylan are still admin in the group (the entire staff was a member before)
                      And they aren't saying anything in that private club?
                      "You!"

Comment

mari115 apparently they have only been posting an occasional deal of the day for sports model rolexes with no real comments except that more will be coming.

Comment

Originally posted by nddub007 View Post
                          A friend of mine saw him at Texas Family Fitness(gym in Dallas) a few days ago and he wears an ankle monitor. Don’t think he will be too hard to find.
                          LMAOOOOOO

"You!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ams55557 View Post
                            mari115 apparently they have only been posting an occasional deal of the day for sports model rolexes with no real comments except that more will be coming.
                            This whole thing smells like a badly crafted publicity stunt
                            "You!"

Comment

Posted on a fb group "Seems we might have a case of buy the slick YouTube watch guru before you give them your luxury watch to sell on consignment or cash for investments. According to this article, below, "Dallas Grey Watch Dealer 'The Timepiece Gentleman' Seems to Have Vanished with Millions of Dollars in Consignment Inventory and Funding Money...Located across from The Hotel Crescent Court in Dallas, Texas, today their store seems to have shut down and the lettering on their glass door appears rubbed off as if they were trying to get rid of it. Additionally, their website and Instagram accounts have been closed and no one knows about the whereabouts of Marco Nicolini, Anthony Farrer, Mike Rudin —Operations Manager— and Dylan Robinson —Sales Manager." This Timepiece Gentleman YouTube channel started just 9 months ago."

Comment

Working...
                              X