• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch sizing help for amateur

bigbadwanger

Looking Around
24/2/21
Hi everyone,
I received my first omega sea master the other day and was looking for isle insights on links removal. The bracket is locked in by 2 flat head screws on both ends and No direction arrows.
I am used to other links which is pin style etc.

can anyone show me the link or advice on how to remove resize this style of links? Is it simply finding a small enough flat head screw driver turn and tap?

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I believe youtube is gonna be your friend, it was definitely mine.

That and decent tools.

I've just ordered Bergeon screwdrivers via M2M (supposed to be the bees knees) but I've been using a cheap amazon toolkit for years.

Shouldn't be too hard to remove links in a bracelet.

Bummer theres no arrow indicators as looking at my GEN omega it has the arrows so guess you'll have to go by feel?

I always go by Righty tighty lefty loosely, but maybe wrong.

Last edited:

cecilcu92

Known Member
Certified
6/2/20
CONUS
Yeah, strap ons are pretty straightforward, but the steel bracelets can be tricky. Just take it slow.

MrAG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/21
United States
get yourself a decent set of jewelers screw drivers.. use the correct size and the screws should come out easily. Might be similar to AP links where the screws come off each end and you have to push the pin out.

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
For my VSF Seamaster and for my Aqua Terra, I had to remove the tiny little screws for both sides and then remove the pin in the middle. Be careful when removing the screws, they are tiny and easily lost. Best of luck!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
^^^^This, I’ve had a few PO and Aqua Terra, once you get the first one it’s easy from there. Much easier than the Navitimer bracelet!

MrAG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/21
United States
For my VSF Seamaster and for my Aqua Terra, I had to remove the tiny little screws for both sides and then remove the pin in the middle. Be careful when removing the screws, they are tiny and easily lost. Best of luck!

Those screws magically disappear into the abyss once you drop one. I have spent quite of bit of time looking for them lol

Reactions: EuroTime25

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
Those screws magically disappear into the abyss once you drop one. I have spent quite of bit of time looking for them lol
Yup. That's why I don't mess with omega bracelets anywhere near a carpet anymore :)

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I saw a trick on here somewhere that you should do all watch work on a box or tray, with edges, so it catches those flying screws/bits.

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
It's the same on the AP 15500 I just got. Felt like an eternity sizing these types of bracelets when you got 10 thumbs for fingers.

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
It's the same on the AP 15500 I just got. Felt like an eternity sizing these types of bracelets when you got 10 thumbs for fingers.

Hope ya got it sorted. Have one en route soon & can't wait. Enjoy