• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

REPLICA QUALITY

gluca61

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/1/21
I don't know if this can help or not, but this is SS vs WG.

The difference is there if you know what you are looking for, especially if you compare them, but it's very difficult to tell WG from SS apart in a real life situation on the wrist without a comparison.

Having said that there definitely is a difference, you don't need a lab to test it in order to see it, you just need to go under warm lights, but again, it's only if you know what you are looking for, only if you are expecting to see a difference or not.

This is a fun little game to see if you know how to spot them ;) https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/9299400-quick-game-904l-or-316l

. . .

On a side note, the first thing you are gonna spot from the vsf yachtmaster is the crystal, sure, VSF has a very good crystal compared to the other factories, but it's still one of the main tells, and you can spot it from meters away.

The weight is also something you have to take into consideration, WG reps will surely be lighter than SS reps, if you get a strapped version you are gonna feel less difference, but it's still there. Even if i'm pretty sure you can only perceive it if you keep both of them in your hands.

OP, please, read some more, we still are far away from a 1:1 rep. It's not worth it for the factories to make a real 1:1 rep, they would lose money, it's all a marketing strategy in order to boost sales and milk us for money.

Z8H7dp.jpg

Z8HvIb.jpg

Z8Huji.jpg

Z8HMuX.jpg

I wasn't talking about the daytona but about the yacht master 42

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I wasn't talking about the daytona but about the yacht master 42

Bro i gave you the benefit of the doubt, but after the lab thing and this last post you lost all credibility lmao

You are talking about the difference between SS and WG.

Are you aware that both reps are made of steel, and that both the gen yachtmaster and the gen daytona are made of the same 750 gold?

The difference in shade between a gen yachtmaster and its rep, will be the same as the difference between a gen daytona and its rep (or mostly the same depending on light, how used the watch is and whatever)

So your last post makes NO sense

Last edited:
Reactions: legend

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
the sly are now all silent as a fish
Yeah, because there's nothing much to say.

You're as stupid as a doorknob, but this we know, your proofs are undisputable.

You come here argueing about things you obviously don't know about, when knowledgable members chime in to offer proper discussions about subjects they've been working on for years.

You make yourself pointless, of no help, arrogant and dumb. On top of that, such threads can be fun sometimes, but you're not even funny. So everyone is loosing interest here. Honestly, it's not worth spending more time on this useless thread, it'll lead us nowhere, not even you (apart permanently out of this forum maybe...).

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

gluca61

Banned
5/1/21
Yeah, because there's nothing much to say.

You're as stupid as a doorknob, but this we know, your proofs are undisputable.

You come here argueing about things you obviously don't know about, when knowledgable members chime in to offer proper discussions about subjects they've been working on for years.

You make yourself pointless, of no help, arrogant and dumb. On top of that, such threads can be fun sometimes, but you're not even funny. So everyone is loosing interest here. Honestly, it's not worth spending more time on your pointless thread, it'll lead us nowhere, not even you (apart permanently out of this forum maybe...).

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

I am shocked tell me what is wrong with my watch that I posted the weight is 948 gr
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...ap-vs3235.html

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I am shocked tell me what is wrong with my watch that I posted the weight is 148 gr
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...ap-vs3235.html

What does that have to do with anything? What's the weight of the gen YM? lol

I kinda doubt that the VSF YM weights 148 grams, since my WG daytona weights around 140, with a big submariner clasp. What did they use for the 42mm yachtmaster? LEAD?! Lmaooo i wouldn't wanna wear that until i know what material it's made of ahahah

Also, why do you keep spamming that chrono.24 picture of the back of a YM?

Z8i25i.jpg

Z8iK0X.jpg

Last edited:

gluca61

Banned
5/1/21
because you see gold better and tell me the difference with steel since the front is perfect

Last edited:

gluca61

Banned
5/1/21
the weight is wrong because my scale is wrong

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
because you see gold better and tell me the difference with steel since the front is perfect

Font? Font of what? What are you talking about?

Edit: Oh, front, not font, well it's not perfect, like, not at all, the crystal is still miles away from genuine, the bezel is wrong as well and i could go on, you could say it's close, but still no cigar

Last edited:

gluca61

Banned
5/1/21
leave the gold alone and tell me what's wrong with this watch I just wanted to say that replicas should all be of this quality i put you the back to show you that it's impossible to distinguish whether it's gold or steel

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
leave the gold alone and tell me what's wrong with this watch I just wanted to say that replicas should all be of this quality i put you the back to show you that it's impossible to distinguish whether it's gold or steel

So should i leave the gold alone or should i reply to the second part of your comment? because there's definitely multiple ways to distingusih WG from Steel, it's not impossible as i showed you, you can see from the pictures that i sent you that there is a difference, how big that difference is depends on your perception abilities.

There still are some problems with the watch, it's not perfect at all sadly, but yeah, it's a great rep

Last edited:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
How entertaining.
A “goldsmith” who can’t spot any difference between white gold and steel. Guess he chose the wrong job

Reactions: QueTip and stufuse

gluca61

Banned
5/1/21
How entertaining.
A “goldsmith” who can’t spot any difference between white gold and steel. Guess he chose the wrong job
good intelligent tell me what's the difference

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
the weight is wrong because my scale is wrong

Oh and the plot thickens. It’s already 3 of you that’s wrong. You, your goldsmith and your scale.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
good intelligent tell me what's the difference

You have a pic mr. [mention]mari115 [/mention] posted of his gen white gold daytona close to his steel rep. Are you really trying to tell me your (clearly) untrained eye can’t spot any difference?

gluca61

Banned
5/1/21
Oh and the plot thickens. It’s already 3 of you that’s wrong. You, your goldsmith and your scale.

smart guy go online and see the difference to see what they tell you

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

gluca61

Banned
5/1/21
You have a pic mr. [mention]mari115 [/mention] posted of his gen white gold daytona close to his steel rep. Are you really trying to tell me your (clearly) untrained eye can’t spot any difference?

don't climb on the mirrors and tell me what's the difference between steel and white gold