• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The purpose of QC pictures

altabird

Horology Curious
13/2/20
As a newbie and recent rep purchaser, I went through the trouble to spend countless hours reading and book-marking literally 100+ pages from RWI and other sources. I got a welcome email when I signed up to RWI, which was nice.. `Thanks for registering at Replica Watch Info! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.`

It would be really helpful to have a `Getting Started` landing page for all new comers. Along with the welcome email ^^, there would be a link to basic information on forum guidance, navigation, table of contents to the typical laundry list of noob questions. This would help avoid the stupid things people say and ask which takes time from senior members to police and scorn and creates a lot of useless sub-threads that have little value to others learning and just takes up space. This area is great `https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/new-members-area` but new members will not get the basics because it's not consumable enough. Just some thoughts as a noob that I wanted to share.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobJon1363

Aventador S

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/5/19
I second the above post. Having a list of important / required / good way to learn topics could alleviate some unintended annoyances like calling people stupid, banning a NOOB for asking an inappropriate question, scorning, insulting responses from matured and learned members... Maybe limit posting access until the reading list has been completed to help both the NOOB and the seniors from getting on each others toes.

Reactions: BobJon1363

ra1n

Known Member
29/7/20
I really do appreciate all the privileges we now get from the dealers/sellers, I thank the poster and all the dealers/sellers that go above and beyond to give us such high-quality assurances.

BobJon1363

Horology Curious
11/11/18
I second the above post. Having a list of important / required / good way to learn topics could alleviate some unintended annoyances like calling people stupid, banning a NOOB for asking an inappropriate question, scorning, insulting responses from matured and learned members... Maybe limit posting access until the reading list has been completed to help both the NOOB and the seniors from getting on each others toes.

I third that post. I found it rather difficult to find the rules, and specifically the QC rule.

Reactions: Beefcake

inGloM0de

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/21
Philadelphia, PA
I have a question regarding QC. After I am done my initial QC and point out my critiques, like the r/RepTime qc guide, am I allowed to post if their is any glaring flaw that would make you RL the watch? Or is that against the rules?

Ariana44

Looking Around
22/1/20
Hello I ve ordered x ROLYM172A - YachtMaster 116622 40mm 904L SS/SS Blue GMF A3235 (ROLYM172A) ,I ve got my QC pics. How should I know I am getting the right model with A3235 ? Also I think the red arrow is slightly misaligned. Can someone please help me? I am right? On the photo shows some differences. Plese see photos

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
You know that you get right movement if you buy from a TD. They dont sell shit. And alignement: its a photographic angle thats the peoblem, green light this watch mate

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Maybe we can create a thread with RL QC photos , anyone up for that?

Not sure about that, You really want to spend your time looking at other people’s RL pics? They’re reps, suppose to be a bit of fun. I don’t take QC pics too seriously. Can’t remember looking at mine for more than a minute max.

Reactions: P..DR..D

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Maybe we can create a thread with RL QC photos , anyone up for that?

Clear no! We don't want to encourage newbies to reject watches because of "issues" gen watches have as well, are a result of paranoia or lacking knowledge of simple photographic effects.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Allright. I was asking purely for educational purposes (maybe a little for entertainment); what’s valid to reject and what’s not really

Remember a RLx explorer with twice the 9 o’clock number on the dial, or a Breitling with twice the number 15 on the bezel

Tennisjuan

Looking Around
14/8/22
At RWI, we're fortunate to have a few dealers who take the time to individually procure, inspect, and photograph watches for potential buyers. This has not always been the norm, and in fact, it's a recent development. Up until about two years ago, all of the dealers drop-shipped everything and never even had the items in their hands before it got sent to buyers. As a result, buyers got items with obvious flaws and occasionally received the wrong thing altogether, and it was all "part of the game".

Things have changed, and for the better. We do now have dealers who are willing to post QC pics to buyers to make sure that people get what they want. But there's a specific purpose for those pictures, and unfortunately, we're seeing more and more buyers (usually new members) who are abusing this privilege.

Purpose of QC pic:

1) ensuring that you are getting the right watch
2) identifying any serious flaws in the item

You may post a QC pic if you have a specific question about a possible serious flaw that you have found, and want input on how common or acceptable it is. However, the purpose of QC pics, and especially posting it on the open forum, is not: "Dealer X has sent me this QC pic, what do you think?" or "xxxxxx under 1000x magnification looks slightly xxxxxx, should I accept?" etc.

We expect everyone to do their own research and homework as to whether an item is acceptable to them. If you haven't noticed a flaw, asking 38K members to jump in and identify all the problems they can possibly find is unfair to everyone. It's unfair to the folks who have taken the time and effort to learn about this hobby. It's even more unfair to the dealers, who have to individually buy the watches for you, inspect and photograph it, only to have you decide that some tiny imperfection which you never noticed in the first place, renders the piece unacceptable.

The staff here does not want the responsibility of censoring these posts, so we ask you to use your own good judgment in posting these pictures, or responding to the requests of others. Fortunately, having reviewed a recent thread on this topic, it seems that the consensus of the longtime members is that they understand and agree with this policy. Feel free to point offenders to this thread as often as necessary! :)
Great post. I am new to this forum and looking to buy my first watch. I am a bit slow with technology so I am having a bit of difficulty navigating and finding the TD’s mentioned in many of the posts. However, I did find Miro Time and placed an order without realizing that I needed to ask their permission to use PayPal. I have sent them a text via the what’s up app but I haven’t heard. Is only been a few hours though. My question is the following:
1.- Is Miro Time ok ?
2.- if they don’t accept me using PayPal is there any top TD that accepts PayPal? If so, how do I find them?
3.- If PayPal is not an option, what can you name a couple of top TD’s that I can use?
Looking to purchase a black submariner 40mm

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I have a couple of question about the posting of QC pictures and could not find the answers in this thread. So here they are:

1. Several statements were made that if the watch was accepted by the buyer the QC pictures can be posted. True or false?

2. Can QC pictures from non-trusted dealers be posted?

Thanks.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I have a couple of question about the posting of QC pictures and could not find the answers in this thread. So here they are:

1. Several statements were made that if the watch was accepted by the buyer the QC pictures can be posted. True or false?

Once the watch is accepted and cleared for shipping, the question whether to greenlight or not is no longer relevant. Thus you are totally free to post them, for example purely for eye candy purposes.

I think needless to say that it wouldn't seem like a smart move to post them accompanied by second-guessing questions, but even then I doubt that it would call for an account infraction as the watch was greenlighted anyway.

Just use good judgement when posting them and you should be fine. 😉

2. Can QC pictures from non-trusted dealers be posted?

Thanks.

As far as I know, our QC policies apply to TDs and Non-TDs alike. Again, once approved, post them carefully, and you'll be alright.