• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The purpose of QC pictures

glee79

9/3/17
i can understand the frustration -- never owned a PF rep... i'm sure it'll feel good in hand but i don't know if PF has been rep'd very well up till now. would be curious to see what she looks like when you get her in the mail!!
I hope so.:) Its been 6 days since it was shipped, so we will know soon enough.

D

d4m.test

As a noob on this forum, I appreciate when a member takes the time to explain what is acceptable , and what is not. Thank you.
Agreed, as a new member, I'm glad I found this thread to know more about the QC process before buying anything

D

d4m.test

I'm a noob and glad I found this thread. I have been doing some research through this forum to answer my major concerns and questions. I would greatly appreciate the knowledge and insights of seasoned people in this "hobby" as I just want a really nice rep watch and not get fully into this as a hobby. I have owned gens in the past but am looking for a nice rep as I prepare for retirement. Having others assist me with QCs would be helpful. I am not looking for gen vs rep issues but rather known (or unknown to me) gen flaws. How do you recommend I acquire that feedback while maintaining the rules of this forum and not negatively impacting the true hobbyists?

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
I'm a noob and glad I found this thread. I have been doing some research through this forum to answer my major concerns and questions. I would greatly appreciate the knowledge and insights of seasoned people in this "hobby" as I just want a really nice rep watch and not get fully into this as a hobby. I have owned gens in the past but am looking for a nice rep as I prepare for retirement. Having others assist me with QCs would be helpful. I am not looking for gen vs rep issues but rather known (or unknown to me) gen flaws. How do you recommend I acquire that feedback while maintaining the rules of this forum and not negatively impacting the true hobbyists?

Keep in mind--------All reps have flaws. Some reps of the same watch made by different factories....have different flaws depending on the factory.

First, you should find a watch you want/like. Second, do some reading on the watch; there is a massive amount of information here...take your time and don't rush into a purchase. Third, make a post and ask questions if you need to. After you have done that, do some research on the Trusted Dealers we have here. All of them are vetted and will not scam or cheat you. However, they all are different...some small, some big...etc...

The forum does allow the posting of QC pics if you have a specific question...like "is this number/marker crooked" or "is the gap too big". You just can't post your QC pics and ask....."hey guys, this look good to you. See anything wrong?"

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State

Welcome to the forum.

Study up on the watch that you want. Read posts in the respective brand forum to learn about how well made the rep is and what aspects of it members take issue with.

Then study up on the dealers. Pick the one that matches up well with your expectations. When you receive the pics, don't post them and ask for input unless you suspect the watch has defects that you see and you want validation by members.

Your dealer may reject a watch based on defects they see upon acquisition. I just had that experience with Intime, for example.

So, read, read, read and learn. This hobby is more fun as a result.

D

d4m.test

Thanks for your advise. I am currently looking at the DAYTONA 116500 CERAMIC BEZEL ARF 1:1 BEST EDITION 904L SS CASE AND BRACELET BLACK DIAL A4130 SUPER CLONE. I have reviewed numerous posts but have not seen any that point out the specific rep issues to look for in the QC pictures. Again, I am not looking for gen vs rep issues but am specifically looking for the rep issues i should be looking for in the QC pictures. If anyone can assist, I would greatly appreciate your wisdom and knowledge. This should probably be in a different thread and if I have made a mistake mentioning this here, I apologize.

D

d4m.test

I will post this in the Rolex Daytona area. I will take my time, continue my research, ask questions, and then make an educated decision. I am looking forward to finding and getting my first great rep watch. I appreciate you welcoming me in with your support.

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
D

d4m.test

Fiddo, That is what I was looking for. Feel dumb for not finding it myself. If everyone is like you, I may just have to get the hobby bug. Thanks again and hope to pay it forward in the future!

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Fiddo, That is what I was looking for. Feel dumb for not finding it myself. If everyone is like you, I may just have to get the hobby bug. Thanks again and hope to pay it forward in the future!
There are many good/helpful folks here. Overall, we're a friendly bunch.....just don't let the occasional negative or sarcastic comment deter you from participating and learning.

D

d4m.test

I have spent the whole day reading and feel like I've barely scratched the surface. It can all feel very overwhelming at times. Threads like this one are very helpful and makes the whole task of learning how to order less daunting.

Alexccmeister

8/11/18
I m a new member here. Not new to rep watches though. I was buying reps when they were called fake watches. Replicas sounds nicer. In fact when I saw the Omega Spectre I immediately called the AD to ask. Knowing it’s limted edition I didn’t expect much but seeing the price on eBay just blew my mind. I had to own this piece but not at such a price. Hence my replica watches adventure began just a couple of weeks ago in fact. Haha...

i am am so glad to have found this site. This forum has tons of info and reviews and up until this point I was thinking I had to get a rep with a 50:50 chance of either getting conned or getting a bad rep. Now the chance of getting a good working rep is a lot better. Thanks RWI.

Anthony85

Horology Curious
5/12/18
I have a couple of questions about QC pictures:

The dealer must attach lume shots?
The dealer must attach testing instrument shots?

That's to say, every dealer is forced to send these kind of pics or It is optional?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I have a couple of questions about QC pictures:

The dealer must attach lume shots?
The dealer must attach testing instrument shots?

That's to say, every dealer is forced to send these kind of pics or It is optional?

TDs don’t have to send QCs but it is now standard practice. The purpose of QC pics (as you know from reading this thread) is to make sure you get the watch you ordered and to ensure there are no major flaws. Most dealers now attach timegrapher results which are not very helpful except to show the watch is working. Lume shots may be taken if requested. Remember, this is a cheap, replica watch you are purchasing. You are asking about QC pics you don’t get when you buy a gen.

Reactions: Anthony85

Dave96

Horology Curious
3/3/19
Hello guys I order my first rep on Chazingtime a 5711 blue dial MKF v6 I got my QC pics today and I don't know if its all good with this watch can anyone help me
Link removed by xj4sonx

Last edited by a moderator:

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Hello guys I order my first rep on Chazingtime a 5711 blue dial MKF v6 I got my QC pics today and I don't know if its all good with this watch can anyone help me
Link removed by xj4sonx
Jesus dude did you bother you read our rules about QC pics?

And you posted this in the QC thread explaining the purpose of QC pics

I removed your link to the pictures

I should just ban you now

Sent from my Noob v9.5

seeseoh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/19
Good post , now I can fully understand the purpose of QC pic ,it's a quite personal thing between the dealer and buyer

Marty2020

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/12/19
SFO USA
Great information when initially posted...still solid after all these years. This should be required reading prior to joining the forum.