• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The purpose of QC pictures

king721

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/11/14
AMEN...QC pictures are a nice bonus and I will only buy from TDs who offer QC pics unless I see a sale watch that another is selling that came fro a TD.

whoreologist

Horology Curious
6/6/14
I understand what a macro picture can show. Use them in the precision machining world. The dealers that use them are to be commended. I have received QC pics for my purchases and noticed imperfections in the shots. l kind of knew though that they would be imperceptible even when viewing the watch on my bureau under light. On the wrist...never. I have so far been SUPER SATISFIED with the delivered watches. Matter of fact these hobby watches are scary good.

Robi666

Known Member
29/12/14
I am an absolute newbie, I have been checking the forum for a few hours and bought my first watch from a TD.

I just got the photos and I tried to make some comparison with what I see on here.
I noticed a couple of "differences" that could be problems... but I cannot really know. I am afraid of posting them anywhere and ask for help, because I don't really know. I wanted to but have been reading this thread so I stopped. Maybe I am clueless but IMO a newbie should be able to seek for help with photos...
Now, when I check the EXIF data and see that the photos were taken 3 months ago... it does not feel right, but who really knows?

Anyway, not a big deal, I will just go on buying the watch, I just need something that looks good and won't stop working in two days and I will never be a replica nut. Too much time to spend here... :)
I am thankful enough to this forum to have provided me with a trusted dealer name and photo to choose a nice watch that I did not know.
This all replica watch world is interesting...

robvs

Known Member
8/7/14
Now, when I check the EXIF data and see that the photos were taken 3 months ago... it does not feel right, but who really knows?

I felt the same about EXIF data. However, I imagine that certain dealers take the QC pics all at once, wrap the watch in a pound of shrink wrap, and then put an inventory number on it before they store it. Probably less labor-intensive than digging through a pile, taking out your equipment, snapping pics, putting away equipment....

I can confirm that with four separate watches, each having older qc pics, I received the exact piece shown (with my TD).

My old TD seemed to have snapped pics with each order. I don't think it matters and I think you'll find that jf you find something "Hey is that a scratch or a rejection?" They won't bother to look at the actual product. They'll just send you another.

This doesn't mean, however, that they won't send you my rejected qc pics. Otherwise, we'd be likely to see a scratch n dent clearance section on each dealer's site. Nope.

Also, you say you don't imagine yourself getting too into this hobby. I said the same thing before my first order in August. I've ordered 8 watches so far. So...welcome to our support group er hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robi666

Known Member
29/12/14
You're right, that is the feeling as a newbie.
The watch was rejected by some expert so there must be something wrong with it that I cannot see...

Knight2424

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/15
My advise for the noobs. Do your research on the watch you want to buy. Do your research on the versions for the watch available. Do research on the "flaws" of each version. Pick a watch. Look at qc photos for major flaws. Buy the watch. Enjoy the watch. Remember that by the time you done all the research you know more about that watch that 90% of the people out there. Dont get stuck with minor imperfections, its a rep, not a gen. Enjoy 95% of a gen watch for less than 5% of the price. In conclusion, research, research, research and enjoy your watches.

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
tumblr_m6odkq8jNo1qbolbn.gif

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
No. The QC pics were not taken three months ago. The dealers do not have the watches in stock. Once you order the watch they go out and buy it at the factories or markets then bring them back to take pics. There are a couple dealers who are drop shippers so they never touch the watches. If that's the case then pics may have been taken previously. I don't deal with any dealers that do that and for the most part our dealers don't do that. You are getting the exact watch you ordered and is in the QC pics that are sent to you. If you feel its not the same watch in the QC pics then you need to report that to trailboss. As far as being picky with flaws. I recommend you read the stickies and FAQ' s. Here so that you know what flaws are acceptable in these replicas. They are not going to be perfect. Not any of them. We get people that reject one watch after another because of minute flaws or known flaws with a particular watch. Remember these are macro pics most flaws seen in macro pics are not visible to the naked eye. So keep that in mind. One reason for price increases is due to people rejecting watches. You can imagine how much money is lost by a dealer after they have spent hours searching for a watch for you only to have it rejected because of a flaw that is inconsequential. So they must return it and repeat the process all over again sourcing the watch taking QC pics and such. Yes there are flaws which are unacceptable but I suggest reading those stickies so you know what that is. Remember you are paying 200 to 500 dollars on average for a replica of a multi thousand dollar watch that is made in less than acceptable conditions with some workers not being even watch smiths. So keep that in mind too. With that said these watches are frickin amazing for the price we pay. A lot of the higher end reps are virtually indistinguishable from the gen. I am and have been more than happy with all of my watches. I've had a couple that I found a flaw or two that I didn't like after I got it so I sent them off to one of our watch smiths here to rectify. Its very reasonable to get some flaws worked out by our watch smiths. And they are very good at what they do. Plus you can have them lube the gaskets and pressure test them to make sure they are water resistant while they have it. Always a good idea. Hope this helps and good luck.

Robi666

Known Member
29/12/14
"No. The QC pics were not taken three months ago."
Well, if that is the case, it must some kind of craziness by the TD to go and edit the EXIF data to show an older date...

This is the full story of what happened to me.
I order a watch and receive the pics.
I notice that the EXIF data are showing a 3 months old shooting date.
I also notice a problem, but being unsure if it is the light, I ask for a new set of photos showing that detail.
New photos have the correct date in the EXIF data. The noticed problem is also due to bad light and nothing else.
Thus i give my ok and get the watch.
Upon getting the watch I realise that it has another problem. It was visible in the pics, but I just did not notice it.

To be true, I am completely sure that the watch went refused before and then it was passed to another customer and then to another until they finally found a sucker (me).
Now, it is not a big problem and I can live with it, but lesson learned, newbie mistake, and next time I get a set of QC pics showing an old date then I will pass and ask for another watch.

I did not use the same TD for my next purchases.

Knight2424

12/1/15
"No. The QC pics were not taken three months ago."
Well, if that is the case, it must some kind of craziness by the TD to go and edit the EXIF data to show an older date...

This is the full story of what happened to me.
I order a watch and receive the pics.
I notice that the EXIF data are showing a 3 months old shooting date.
I also notice a problem, but being unsure if it is the light, I ask for a new set of photos showing that detail.
New photos have the correct date in the EXIF data. The noticed problem is also due to bad light and nothing else.
Thus i give my ok and get the watch.
Upon getting the watch I realise that it has another problem. It was visible in the pics, but I just did not notice it.

To be true, I am completely sure that the watch went refused before and then it was passed to another customer and then to another until they finally found a sucker (me).
Now, it is not a big problem and I can live with it, but lesson learned, newbie mistake, and next time I get a set of QC pics showing an old date then I will pass and ask for another watch.

I did not use the same TD for my next purchases.

what was the flaw??

sloeber

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/12/14
How to call qc pictures that deliberatley did not show a big scratch on a crown, in the qc pics there was no scratch...i call it fraud but in China its bussiness as usual.
Happened with a TD here, yes could make a case but no time for this stuff.

D

d4m.test

what does "QC' stand for?
after 16 unread pages about it, it´s a very interesting question to post:)
What could it be?

QC your watch = quick clean Your watch
QC - shot = the quantum controller does not work
the purpose of QC = the purpose of the question center is....
QC - pic = quality control picture

Don´t mind, we all started once..

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
seriously? Stop confusing the noobs.. in most all idio gramaticaus for English the QC is
Quality Control... o

D

d4m.test

seriously? Stop confusing the noobs.. in most all idio gramaticaus for English the QC is
Quality Control... o
Seriously? Did You by any chance read my option 4 - I decided it was best to include it: QC - pic = quality control picture
If You actually read 16 pages of this thread (btw one is enough), You actually know what qc stands for, English doesn´t need to be Your native language.

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
and
the point is that we need to build trust so that in the rare instance that a watch fails... like my first one, we are able to resolve the issue from a place of trust and strength

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
Seriously? Did You by any chance read my option 4 - I decided it was best to include it: QC - pic = quality control picture
If You actually read 16 pages of this thread (btw one is enough), You actually know what qc stands for, English doesn´t need to be Your native language.

I was trying to be FUNNY
NOT an ADAM HENRY so sorry!

SteveSS

19/2/14
I admit to not reading every post but what are the two machines they show my potential watch on? Thanks to you guys I rejected the first Omega because the pearl was badly placed .Second looked so much better.

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
well I know Pure time uses a pressure water sealer tester device and a time graph.. but I am not God so I do not know which company and which watch you are referring too. ???